PDA

View Full Version : New York State Politics

PhilDernerJr
2006-11-08, 09:11 AM
Election Day is over, so I thought that my reply should be started in a new thread.

...if she is helping upstate New York become less dependant on down state then that lessens the burden on us hence she is doing a good job for the entire state.

Forget that, I'm waiting for a politician that's going to help Long Island become less dependent on New York City!

RDU-JFK
2006-11-08, 09:37 AM
Quoting Phil:

I walked inand said to the lady "Do you smell that? Smells like democracy." She replied in all seriousness witha concerned look on her face "I've been here all day and I don't smell anything."

HAHAHA boy this comment made my morning! Thank you for making me laugh on an otherwise horrific day for NYC republicans and commuters for this awful weather.

T-Bird76
2006-11-08, 10:31 AM
Election Day is over, so I thought that my reply should be started in a new thread.

[quote="T-Bird76":79975]...if she is helping upstate New York become less dependant on down state then that lessens the burden on us hence she is doing a good job for the entire state.

Forget that, I'm waiting for a politician that's going to help Long Island become less dependent on New York City![/quote:79975]

Phil just loves to push my buttons. I was going to educate him on the strong economic engine that is Suffolk County but it’s too early and I'm still coming off my high of Phil Nolan's destruction of Pam Greene in the election last night so I'm still a bit tired. HOWEVER, I remind my good friend to consult an atlas and notice that his beloved Queens is geographically part of Long Island. That is all. 8)

Midnight Mike
2006-11-08, 10:41 AM
Forget that, I'm waiting for a politician that's going to help Long Island become less dependent on New York City!

Is that possible? Hell, when I was in New York, park of the money from the Verrazano Bridge was going towards the LIRR...

T-Bird76
2006-11-08, 10:50 AM
[quote="Phil D.":9d381]

Is that possible? Hell, when I was in New York, park of the money from the Verrazano Bridge was going towards the LIRR...[/quote:9d381]

Mike wasn't that back when they still had steam engines?

Midnight Mike
2006-11-08, 11:10 AM
Mike wasn't that back when they still had steam engines?

Ohhh, white boy is trying to be funny! :shock:

Speaking of funny, did you tell Phil what you are doing on Friday night?