PDA

View Full Version : Jaggies

SP-LPB
2006-10-31, 10:31 PM
I was thinking how do you deal with jagged edges after sharpening. Please write down your steps. Thanks

nwafan20
2006-10-31, 11:06 PM
Well I sharpen until I see jaggies, then I go back one step, create a duplicate layer, sharpen to desired level and use the eraser tool to erase the parts with jaggies

SP-LPB
2006-10-31, 11:13 PM
That's the part I get stuck on, I use the eraser tool and I don't see any changes.

nwafan20
2006-10-31, 11:16 PM
You shouldn't really. If you want to wait till tommarrow afternoon I can make a tutorial for you including pictures.

SP-LPB
2006-10-31, 11:24 PM
You shouldn't really. If you want to wait till tommarrow afternoon I can make a tutorial for you including pictures.

Big thanks Matt :D, but I'll play around with it tomorrow, I don't really have the time now. I'll let you know if I'll be having further difficulty.

nwafan20
2006-10-31, 11:30 PM
Rgr that, I will go ahead and make a tutorial and probably post it on some site for anyone else who has any problems. You wanna send me a pic to work on for it? :D ([email protected])

SP-LPB
2006-11-01, 08:46 PM
Matt, when you do it are you suppose to do it on the duplicated layer? I get white markings when I press the eraser tool.

nwafan20
2006-11-01, 10:28 PM
YES! Do it on the duplicate layer! That will erase the part of the layer, and therefore leaving the origonal picture exposed there.

Think of it as printing the picture, then you take a white sheet of paper, and draw on it. You want to have parts of the origonal picture showing through, so you cut (erase) the white paper (Duplicate Layer) to let the picture show through (The picture showing through would be the part of the picture before you made a duplicate layer, and therefore not the extra sharpness, that is why I said sharpen in the origonal layer until you see jaggies, go back one step, then make a duplicate layer, so it is as sharp as it can be without jaggies)

I'm still working on the tutorial, it should be up soon.

SP-LPB
2006-11-01, 11:59 PM
Is the eraser tool suppose to leave white marking?

nwafan20
2006-11-02, 12:11 AM
No, not if you do it on the Duplicate layer, you shouldn't see any white. All it should look like (if anything at all) is just that part becoming less sharp.