PDA

View Full Version : JFK terminals and walking through

mirrodie
2006-10-31, 05:23 PM
Over the past few weeks, I've had a chance to just stroll through some of the terminals. Usually, the only times I see the inside of a terminal is when Highheels and I are travel nazis, rushing through to make sure we are on time for the plane, through security and buckled in.

And I just wanted to share a few thoughts.

Took the airtrain all around for the first time last weekend and also did so yesterday with Glenn.

T 1- great variety of airlines.

T 7- I was surprised at how small it was. of course, I could not go past security but the BA area was rather tight. Then I remebered the BA titels behind the agents. I did an interview with BA there. It gets roomier past the security checkpoint.

T 8/9...what can I say, a lovely new terminal, reminds me of the old rail terimnals of Europe but so much cleaner. The only pity is htat in the new AA terminal, they touch ups nad historical references are all behind the security area.

T 4... what an excellent area to grab a bite and enjoy the terminal. I love people watching in T4. I love watching the aircraft almost pull right up to you in the glass. Also, reading hte destination boards and seeing all hte inbounds and outbounds its just exciting and just puts into perspective how small we have made this world.

the airtrain....relatively quick compared tothe monorails at LAS and MIA but on par with the DTW rail.

PhilDernerJr
2006-10-31, 05:31 PM
Spotting is GREAT on the AirTrain. A nice elevated tour of everything at JFK is simply grand.

T4 is nice! Good mall feel and the diverse ground is nice for people watching as you say.

nwafan20
2006-10-31, 10:04 PM
Ahh, the DTW train, thats a fun little zippy one! I ride it just for fun every once and a while when I am out at the airport!

Mateo
2006-10-31, 11:24 PM
T4 is one of my favourite places in the world - the sheer variety of people is astounding. To have LANChile next to Egyptair next to Air Jamaica next to Air India next to El Al is truly a treat just to walk around. There are very few other places in North America where you can expect to see people from all 6 inhabited continents at the same time and in close proximity.

T8/9 is OK - it'll be a lot better once construction is done, but the lack of an airside connection between the 8 and 9 sides is annoying.