PDA

View Full Version : Tribune Sells Corporate Jet

moose135
2006-10-31, 03:14 PM
Tribune is the parent company of my employer, Newsday. I guess there goes my shot at transferring into the flight department :(

================================================== ====================
Tribune Co. jet buyer is Pritzkers' Marmon
Broker: Price could exceed $30 million

By Julie Johnsson
Tribune staff reporter
Published October 19, 2006

The buyer of Tribune Co.'s corporate jet is Marmon Group, a $6 billion conglomerate controlled by Chicago's Pritzker family, Federal Aviation Administration records show.

Terms of the deal, which closed Oct. 4, were not disclosed. A spokesman for Chicago-based Tribune declined to comment, and representatives for Marmon couldn't be reached.

The 6-year-old jet, a Dassault Falcon 900 EX said to be in immaculate condition, could be expected to garner upwards of $30 million on the resale market, said Robert Dandeneau, chief executive of Peregrine Aviation Services Inc., an aircraft broker-dealer based in Boca Raton, Fla.

The sale of the Tribune's last corporate jet is part of a push by the media company, owner of the Chicago Tribune, to shed $500 million in assets not essential to its core businesses.

The Tribune and the Pritzker organization have long shared hangar space at Chicago's Midway Airport, along with another prominent tenant, Oprah Winfrey, according to a person familiar with the airport's operations.

Matt Molnar
2006-10-31, 03:32 PM
That sucks. Lean days in the newspaper business.

Did they actually have a flight department within the company or were you kidding about that?

moose135
2006-10-31, 03:42 PM
Did they actually have a flight department within the company or were you kidding about that?

Yes they did - three pilots - a chief pilot and two others.

lijk604
2006-11-01, 09:07 PM
Moose...you got a tail number?

moose135
2006-11-01, 10:30 PM
Moose...you got a tail number?

I think it's N435T