PDA

View Full Version : A Peaceful Place in the World

Iberia A340-600
2006-10-10, 10:31 AM
Every Tuesday my school meets for 35 minutes in silence, this period of time is called meeting for worship. We do this because I go to a Quaker school and that is the tradition of the religon, I myself am not a Quaker and normally do not look forward to this period of time but today the 35 minutes went by extremley fast because of my topic of thought.

Yesterday while spotting at Bayswater during the sunset the world felt at peace, the beautiful noise of aircraft blasting off of 13R, a beautiful United 747-400 contrail high above, the ripple of the bay, and the beautiful pink sun on it's way towards the horizon made me feel extremley at peace.

When leaving JFK we drove past the threshold of 22L and again I felt peacful looking at the beautiful green landing lights, the lights of the airport, and the majestic Swiss A340-300 with her lights flashing, the sun reflecting on her fusulage, and her slow steady climb. We then passed Cargo Plaza and I watched in awe as a Virgin Atlantic A340-600 made her final turn and flew right over on her way to 13L, it was a beautiful sight that I have seen before and can't forget.

Last November when I flew to Madrid on KLM I was lucky to visit the cockpit during the flight and I witnessed something so beautiful, so peacful, that I forgot everything for that 30 minutes I was in the cockpit. The scene infront of me was the sunrise in Europe and the sunset for the United States. The world was so peacful infront of me, so beautiful, so calm and tranquil.

Whenever I fly and look out the window I forgot all the troubles of the world and can be peacful...