PDA

View Full Version : DTW Airport Police

nwafan20
2006-09-29, 05:12 PM
Hey all,

If any of you have spotted at DTW, you might know that the police tend to be pretty friendly. I am a DTW native, whenever I am out I will get approached, they will ask me what I am doing, I tell them, and they will usually sit around and chat for a while, discussing hobbies and such.

Well, I had a REALLY good run in one time. I was spotting over at the McNamara terminal (Northwest terminal for those who have never been to DTW) and an officer approached me, talked to me for a while then left. About 20 minuites later he showed up so I said "Hello". He was approaching me so I thought "Hmm, mabye he is going to harrass me" But no, he came up and handed me a McDonalds bag. I told him thank you very much and asked him why, he told me it was because I was friendly and said it was a nice change to talk to me rather than the loads of passengers who think the police officers are there to give them directions.

So remember, always be friendly to your local airport police, you might get a free lunch out of it! :wink:

emshighway
2006-09-29, 09:15 PM
What, no donut shop around?

nwafan20
2006-09-29, 10:23 PM
Nah, no donut shop arround that I know about! :lol:

madcatimages
2007-01-29, 08:53 PM
The DTW police didnt day anything to me when I went spotting.