PDA

View Full Version : Funny Story,how was your week?!?

K9DEP
2006-09-25, 05:12 PM
I was flying last Monday in a 172N over Ocean Parkway and I was about to start some maneuvers, I did some slow flight and turned it into a stall I wanted to see if the plane could recover without power only using trim. Upon recovery I realised i was about 700ft over over the Atlantic. I saw all the people on the beach and at that moment I went into Blue Angels mode 8) and decided to put a show on entirely out of steep turns (banking the plane 45-60 degrees in one direction for 360 degrees((really topflite :lol: )). I had my kneeboard opened on my lap and everything was secured. I had a pen in between my fingers since takeoff but it was iritating my skin so I put it into my mouth. I entered the first turn to the left, because of the G's I was pulling my head felt like it was being crushed, i leveled off and entered the right turn, when I rolled wings level I felt a "warm nectar" under my tounge, it tasted funny. I took the pen out of my mouth and saw that it was leaking. I wanted to die! I felt sick and headed back in. I was distraught and still am. The lesson however is and I will make it bold . . . . At 60 degrees of bank the load factor doubles My jaw was shut 2 times as hard as it would have normally been. I still taste the ink to this day. I'll be fine though.

Post something funny that happened to you, if not this week than your whole lifetime. :wink:

cancidas
2006-09-25, 06:27 PM
the only such thing that happened to me this week would be a coworker taking a pic of me scratching my nose... from the angle, it looks like i have my whole finger in my nose.

USAF Pilot 07
2006-09-25, 07:03 PM
Steep turns are loads of fun! My IP and I would many times "accidentally" exceed 60 degrees bank angle! On my first solo outside the pattern, I was at 10,000, dove to just under 9,000' and then pulled up while banking the plane probably like 40-50 degrees right. What a rush!
And to imagine, that you probably don't exceed 2 or 3 Gs during these maneuvers, and that there are pilots who pull 8 or 9 Gs on a regular basis!

hiss srq
2006-09-25, 08:14 PM
Might i reccomend a 152 next time. They can do much more than you can in a hawk. Hammerheads, split s you name it you can do it. Those are loads of fun and I am talking about the standard 152. You can just barely pull a loop off in one as well. I would not reccomend it if you do not know what your tdoing but it is fun once you know how to. I like to do it during spring break out over the beach down here. I have videos of some of my stuff.

K9DEP
2006-09-26, 11:50 AM
I hate the 152 it feels like I'm laying down. It's too small! I can't jiggy with that!, much less get into Blue Angels Mode!