PDA

View Full Version : New jetBlue Destination: Chicago O'Hare?

Matt Molnar
2006-09-20, 11:26 PM
8 daily flights between JFK and ORD is the rumor on a.net. They have a press conference slated for tomorrow, I suspect [email protected] will be receiving a press release about it in the morning. :)

bluejuice
2006-09-21, 12:10 AM
MMMM interesting. Checking the A net it looks like a strong rumor. But I question the posting that they say that was put up in the crew lounge, about crewmembers needed dressed to the nines>>> We are launching SRQ Sarasota tomorrow. Leaves JFK at 820 and arrives back around 400. We all know that D. Neelman usually travels on the inaugural so I doubt there will be a press conference on any new routes. I could be wrong but thats my guess. In as far as a new website ,our Intranet was just upgraded this past week and its been in the plans to have a new user friendly web site up and running by the end of Sept with a couple of new features incorporated into it. So check it out on Thurs. :D :D

T-Bird76
2006-09-21, 09:56 AM
ORD??? Are they smoking crack? First off ORD is plagued with delays and its an AA hub that is already served about a million times a day by AA from the NYC area, yes not via JFK as much as LGA but you can bet that will change if B6 plants itself at ORD. As for the delays can B6 really afford to add more delays to its system? A two hour delay for an E190 sitting in ORD can freak the entire system up.

I know this is rumor but it just doesn't make sense. What does jetBlue have to offer Chicago? ORD is already a hub for AA and UAL and both airlines pretty much serve the same cities from ORD that B6 serves from JFK. Jetblue will be in no position to undercut AA and UAL, just won't happen. Chicago also already has WN and AirTran at MDW as an alternative to ORD. Sounds like another ATL in the making for B6.

hiss srq
2006-09-21, 10:00 AM
Yep SRQ is today and I have my digital here in my office as I type I will prob. be shooting up a storm on the ramp. Right now we are trying to figure out some of the new equipment we received for JetBlue they are making a huge deal here the mayor, Dave, etc etc etc... Fun Fun Fun Fun update and pics later

Alex T
2006-09-21, 10:27 AM
Many people had always claimed STL would be the next focus midwest city, and I sure hope this is true. STL is a no brainer at some point but focus city wise, we will see.

There truly is no direct competition at STL with B6 and AA and WN. They can all exist well at STL.

ORD though as Tom pointed out is much more delay prone, and it wouldn't make sense.

But I don't operate B6 nor know how to run an airline, it is interesting to see if it rings true.

Alex

T-Bird76
2006-09-21, 11:04 AM
Yep SRQ is today and I have my digital here in my office as I type I will prob. be shooting up a storm on the ramp. Right now we are trying to figure out some of the new equipment we received for JetBlue they are making a huge deal here the mayor, Dave, etc etc etc... Fun Fun Fun Fun update and pics later

B6 at SRQ is a big deal, SRQ was granted a Small Community Air grant to attract B6. Enplanements to SRQ is expected to reach 1 million a year by the end of the decade. jetBlue is expected to add a second roundtrip to SRQ this Feb using the A320.

Matt Molnar
2006-09-21, 12:12 PM
Sarasota...Chicago...same difference!

Saw a nice ad in today's paper for their new Columbus service starting October 3rd for $39.

hiss srq
2006-09-21, 03:53 PM
We had a great day I took about 80 pics today on the B6 inaugeral I will post about ten percent of them in a lil bit plush I shot a few videos lol. We all got these little gift bags etc.....