PDA

View Full Version : Mets Postseason Ticket Lottery

Matt Molnar
2006-09-12, 01:15 PM
Linked below is the entry form for the Mets postseason ticket lottery. Winning gives you the opportunity to buy up to 4 tickets to 1 postseason game in the NLDS, NLCS or World Series. For example, if you win the NLDS, you’re done, you don’t get a chance to win World Series tix. Hence, you should sign up with as many different emails, names, phone #’s and birthdates as possible. They contact winners by email but I think they may weed out duplicates by birthdate and/or phone #. I’m not sure how they verify you’re not a fraud if you win…if you use imaginary dates it might be good to remember what they are since they might ask you to verify later.

The deadline to be eligible for the first round is tonight (9/12) at 11:59pm.

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/nym/ticketing/postseason_tixop_form.jsp

Mellyrose
2006-09-12, 01:29 PM
Thanks, Matt! Good to know. :)

PhilDernerJr
2006-09-12, 01:51 PM
I signed up for this last week.

But I still don't understand what this lottery is for. Why can't people jsut BUY tickets? Wait in line if you want 'em.

RDU-JFK
2006-09-12, 02:00 PM
I agree with Phil...the hardcore and more dedicated fans should get the tickets. Like when we used to tent for Duke Basketball tickets in college. We'd sleep outside for up to 2 months for tickets to Duke-UNC.

But alas I signed up anyways.

To clear things up, if you win NLDS tix you STILL HAVE A CHANCE for NLCS and World Series Tix. See below from mets.com:

"Drawings for ticket purchases for any 2006 World Series games that may be played at Shea Stadium will occur at later dates. Dates and times will be announced. Winners for these drawings will be selected from the same pool registrants and notified via email with instructions on the ticket purchase process including dates and times for these sales. Registrants (including winners of previous drawings) will be eligible for each drawing."

moose135
2006-09-12, 02:09 PM
I agree with Phil...the hardcore and more dedicated fans should get the tickets. Like when we used to tent for Duke Basketball tickets in college. We'd sleep outside for up to 2 months for tickets to Duke-UNC.

I have a season ticket plan (6-pack) for the Mets this year, and want to go to the playoffs as well. Unfortunately, since I have a job, I can't sleep outside the stadium waiting for tickets, so this gives everyone a shot at getting them. They have many more season ticket holders then available playoff tickets, and this is a fair method for distributing them.

Matt Molnar
2006-09-12, 02:26 PM
To clear things up, if you win NLDS tix you STILL HAVE A CHANCE for NLCS and World Series Tix.

Ahh, yes. I misinterpreted the earlier stuff about being eligible for "1" game.

Matt Molnar
2006-09-12, 02:27 PM
But I still don't understand what this lottery is for. Why can't people jsut BUY tickets? Wait in line if you want 'em.

I agree, I was prepared to camp out. I've never been to a playoff game.

Matt Molnar
2006-09-12, 02:30 PM
I have a season ticket plan (6-pack) for the Mets this year, and want to go to the playoffs as well.

If you have a 6 pack or season tickets you can buy tix directly through the website or over the phone. A guy in my office with a 6 pack just bought tix for game 4 of the first round.

PhilDernerJr
2006-09-12, 02:39 PM
Not that I'm doubting or hating, I'm just trying to understnad the process, But how do they have less tickets available for the playoffs than season tickets? Do they remove seats from the stadium or something? haha

This lottery just seems like it's actually UNFAIR, and gives the less enthused fans a chance at tix.

T-Bird76
2006-09-12, 02:43 PM
Its a similar program to what Ticketmaster uses. Its designed to give everyone a fair shot. Not everyone is going to agree, but a lottery is the fairest shot for everyone.

T-Bird76
2006-09-12, 02:55 PM
Not that I'm doubting or hating, I'm just trying to understnad the process, But how do they have less tickets available for the playoffs than season tickets? Do they remove seats from the stadium or something? haha

This lottery just seems like it's actually UNFAIR, and gives the less enthused fans a chance at tix.

In a way yes they do remove seats, they virtually remove them from the normal population. Teams set aside seats for certain "groups". My old company was given 1000 seats for the Mets and Yankees World Series games at Shea throught our marketing deals with the Mets and Yankees. We used those seats to wine and dine our best customers, top brass, employees, and contests. One of the biggest groups is for contests. The Mets in the play offs will draw huge promotions from you name it, radio stations, newspapers, TV shows, and god knows w/e else. Thousands of play off tickets are given away this way. Tickets are also set aside for groups that probably should have to do the lottery thing.

You should be more upset at the BS marketing contracts many of the sponsors have with sports teams then the lottery for the regular fans.