PDA

View Full Version : Look what came in the mail today! TN rocks!

mirrodie
2006-09-11, 05:12 PM
So since our trip, I have reveled about how great an airline Air Tahiti Nui is. I hope to fly them again soon and then connect to Air Calin to New Caledonia.

So I posted a trip report in a few places and will post one with photos soon. I ALSO wrote TN a nice letter about their services.

Anyway, as I wrote my TR while traveling, I forgot to buy their a/c whilst onboard. Turns out that TN became aware of my trip reports.

Anyway, I just got this as thanks in the mail, a Tshirt and this model of F-OLOV! What a great souvenir!

YEah Baby! Dont you wish all airlines were like this???

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/TNpicmodel.jpg

cancidas
2006-09-11, 05:16 PM
wow, really cool!

Mellyrose
2006-09-11, 05:17 PM
Spoiled brat! :P

Midnight Mike
2006-09-11, 05:30 PM
Mario

Airlines do this from time to time, that was very nice of them!

tipek
2006-09-11, 05:36 PM
Mike,

Which airlines do that? This is first time that I've heard about something like that.

Rafal

PhilDernerJr
2006-09-11, 06:10 PM
How many times must I promote aviation to get **** like that? That's it! I'm shuttin the site down!!! lol

Cool stuff Mario! What scale is that? 200 or 150 is looks like.

Midnight Mike
2006-09-11, 06:40 PM
Mike,

Which airlines do that? This is first time that I've heard about something like that.

Rafal

I have heard of Airtran does stuff like this, once I heard of Midwest doing this....

Hell, I read a trip on Airliners.net that somebody wrote when they flew on German Wings & spoke highly of the 717, I mailed that person a ton of Boeing goodies :lol:

If you have something nice to say, mail it in to the airline & see what the reaction is.......

Midnight Mike
2006-09-11, 06:44 PM
How many times must I promote aviation to get **** like that? That's it! I'm shuttin the site down!!! lol

*Cough* *Cough*

Are you trying to say that somebody did not send you a bunch of Boeing/Douglas goodies for your picnic adventure? I guess that stuff got lost in the mail :roll: :wink:

Midnight Mike
2006-09-11, 06:45 PM
Mario

Did you also tell the gang about the free 1st class ticket that you received?

PhilDernerJr
2006-09-11, 09:02 PM
[quote="Phil D.":13b22]How many times must I promote aviation to get **** like that? That's it! I'm shuttin the site down!!! lol

*Cough* *Cough*

Are you trying to say that somebody did not send you a bunch of Boeing/Douglas goodies for your picnic adventure? I guess that stuff got lost in the mail :roll: :wink:[/quote:13b22]

SSSHHhhhh....Don't want people to know about the 777-200LR and MD-10 that you sent me. ;)

N790SW
2006-09-11, 10:00 PM
thats pretty sick!!!!! hey 2 xmas's ago Southwest Airlines flew me for free to Dallas,TX and i got to meet herb,gary,colleen. and fly the 73NG sim, go on a new 73NG and another 73NG-733 and 735 ( shamu-507) it was awwsome and i got to go on calli one comin home ( this was cuz i told ova 165 ppl about WN ) and my friend who works for them arranged that =D it was better then disneyland!!!!

mirrodie
2006-09-12, 09:29 AM
I always write to aa.com customer service after each and every flight I take and let them know how it was, Good bad or indifferent. Feedback is important in any industry.

Same with my WN flights and my upcoming first time AW/US flight.

You know, I looked over the entire model and box and instructions and the scale and manufacturer are both not listed. So I measured it and then consulted the scales list at airplanesupershop.com and its 1:200

And it looks nice next to the Herpa F-OJTN that I also got from some good buddies of mine :)

tipek
2006-09-12, 10:17 AM
If you have something nice to say, mail it in to the airline & see what the reaction is.......

My understanding was that mirrode wrote trip report, TN saw it and they send him that model and t-shirt.
I know that if you write to airlines they will send you stuff :)

Few years ago (when TWA was still around) I wrote letters/email to over 100 airlines. For the next few months I was getting stuff in my mail every day. My main goal was Safety Cards which I was collecting that time.
The best package that I've got was from Swissair (during their transition to becoming Swiss International)- they FedExed me huge box with Swiss chocolate, Crossair Saab 340 model, Crossair MD-83 model, safety cards, playing cards, posters of Swissair MD-11, stickers, post cards etc.

TWA said that they can't send me safety cards but I've got lots of posters and pictures from them.

Midwest Express (that time they were called by that name :) ) sent me nice metal key chain of Midwest MD-80.

Vanguard sent me lots of post cards and 8x10 pictures, with travel voucher for $50 :)

Alaska Airlines has sent me special pen which you can't find anywhere on the net.

Most airlines that I wrote to had sent me something, with exception of these:
American Airlines - from them I've got only this letter :)
Didn't do anything for me :) http://home.comcast.net/~tipek/american.pdf
AirTran Airways - nothing from them.
Southwest - nothing from them.
United - nothing from them.

I've got even stuff from airlines like Royal Jordanian, Arkia Israel, Manx or Dragonair :)

Rafal :)

hiss srq
2006-09-12, 06:05 PM
Now if only Tahiti Nui would send complimentary F/A's I would take the time to write letters lol :P

mirrodie
2006-09-12, 09:14 PM
*zippers up pants* They did! Sorry I was late in posting! I was a bit busy ;)