PDA

View Full Version : Going to FLL

PhilDernerJr
2006-09-10, 12:46 AM
Mel and I will be going to FLL for the second week of October. We're flying Spirit biz class on an A321.

Who lives down there that we might be able to meet up with? We plan to do a couple days of spotting there and at MIA. We might have trouble getting around, too. We don't know yet. If anyone wants to meet up or show us around, that would be great. Neither of us has ever been spotting in Florida, so I'm sure anything will be exciting.

Any other advice is appreciated as well. Thanks! :)

MarkLawrence
2006-09-10, 09:50 AM
If you want to head a little north to PBI, I can show you guys a few spots! Tri-rail is pretty good in the area - (Palm Beach, Broward and Dade Counties). I can try and get take a vac day or 1/2 day..Shout if I can help!

Mellyrose
2006-09-10, 10:21 AM
Thanks Mark, that would be awesome! We're staying in Delray Beach so PBI is actually way closer than MIA. We're trying to get a rental car for a day, but would rather avoid it if possible.

What kind of traffic does PBI get? Good spots? Trouble with police?

Thanks for the help! :)

dlx737200
2006-09-10, 11:44 AM
What dates are you all down? I'd love to nonrev down to FLL or MIA to meetup with you all. I'd drive but it sucks to drive 4 hours when you can fly for free in 30 min.

Mellyrose
2006-09-10, 11:54 AM
Justin: We'll be arriving the morning of October 7th and leaving on the last Spirit flight on Thursday the 12th. We'd love to spot the last day we're there.

MarkLawrence
2006-09-10, 01:54 PM
Mel

PBI is actually one of the best places I've spotted. There is a large amount of biz-jets - one of the busiest airports in the county when it comes to biz-jet movements I read somewhere..then the usual company traffic Southwest, jetBlue, Delta, US, AA, Continental - quite a lot of movement - we get N610DL (Pink Song) in here once in a while as well

Good spots - yes - there are some - on top of the short term parking overlooking the whole field - at the end of the runways - both sides - right at the thresholds - another spotters car park close to RWY 13. Palm Beach County Sheriff's are some of the most laid back - I actually was spotting one day just after I moved here, and a PBSO officer came and parked next to me and we chatted for quite a while - they are very friendly.

If you are in Delray, that's easy - I'm sure I can get a day off and I can come down there and get you guys (30mins drive) - my wife says if you want a home cooked meal - we can organise that as well!

If you want some more info on PBI - here is the web site http://www.pbia.org/
Just shout!