PDA

View Full Version : Aloha Airgroup Names Gordon Bethune Chairman of the Board

Midnight Mike
2006-08-30, 10:24 PM
Aloha Airgroup Names Gordon Bethune Chairman of the Board
Wednesday August 30, 10:00 pm ET

HONOLULU, Aug. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Aloha Airgroup, Inc., parent company of Aloha Airlines, today announced that Gordon Bethune has been named Chairman of the Board of Aloha Airgroup, Inc. and Aloha Airlines, Inc. Bethune is the former Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Continental Airlines Inc., the nation's fifth largest airline. Bethune joined Continental in 1994 as President and Chief Operating Officer and was named Chief Executive Officer in 1994 and Chairman of the Board in 1996. Bethune retired from Continental in December 2004.
Under Bethune's leadership, Continental was among Fortune Magazine's Top 50 Most Admired Companies, 100 Best Companies to Work for in America, as well as the No. 1 Most Admired Global Airline.

"I've had the wonderful pleasure of knowing Gordon for many years," said Aloha's President and Chief Executive Officer David A. Banmiller. "He is a dynamic industry leader with a proven track record of driving up customer, employee and company value. We look forward to this opportunity to bring his talents and significant airline experience to Aloha."

"Aloha Airlines has long been recognized for its colorful and rich history serving the people of Hawaii," said Bethune. "I have the utmost respect for Dave Banmiller and his senior management team in guiding Aloha during these challenging times for our industry. I am honored to serve as Chairman working with Dave and the 3,500 Aloha team members in our next phase of development, building on the incomparable 'Spirit of Aloha'."

"We are fortunate to have a professional of Gordon's caliber, vision and experience join Aloha's board," said Ron Burkle, Managing Partner of The Yucaipa Companies. "We are excited about the future of Aloha and look forward to the opportunities that Gordon will bring to the Company."

Greeney
2006-08-31, 03:33 PM
Good move for Aloha!!!!