PDA

View Full Version : Mayor Ray Nagin puts his foot in his mouth, again

Midnight Mike
2006-08-28, 07:16 AM
New Orleans Mayor, Ray Nagin, has a very bad habit of saying something stupid, & says that he was misunderstood:

During the "60 minutes" interview, a correspondent pointed out flood-damaged cars still on the streets of New Orleans' devastated Ninth Ward. Nagin replied, "You guys in New York can't get a hole in the ground fixed, and it's five years later. So let's be fair," according to CBS.

Let's not forget his other infamous quote:

AGIN: It's time for us to rebuild a New Orleans, the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2354606

T-Bird76
2006-08-28, 09:37 AM
Amazing he was elected to another term. This man is a joke.

Matt Molnar
2006-08-28, 10:43 AM
He almost apologized yesterday, but fell short, relenting only that he had called it a "hole in the ground," but not for bringing it up, even though it would have been irrelevant and offensive no matter what he called it.

"I wish I would have basically said that it was an undeveloped site, which it is," he said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

"I meant no disrespect for anyone," he said. "I have seen death, I have the destruction, and I was just using it as a comparison to show how difficult it is for people to rebuild after a major disaster."

He said he was sorry to the families of those who died on Sept. 11, 2001, and believe the World Trade Center site is sacred ground.

hiss srq
2006-08-28, 11:07 AM
This guy is an offenseive, unintelligent, andrude little ashole just like the the govenor and most of that states goverment is. None of them have any brains.