PDA

View Full Version : Transit @ JFK on the 11th September

trekster
2006-08-27, 04:14 PM
Hi guys. First post on this forum. Was sent here from the good old boys at airliners.net.

Im am in JFK for about 5 hours on the 11th, and it would be nice to meet some New Yorkers, have a drink, see the airport as it is my first time in the area. I arrive at 1245 on the MAN-JFK BA flt, and leave at 1750 on Jetblue to BOS.

Anyone willing to give a English guy a tour

Thanks for any help you all can give :P

T-Bird76
2006-08-27, 04:20 PM
I'd love to meet up with you but Monday is tuff as I expect for many of us who work. You're best bet to get a nice tour of the airport is to jump on the Airtrain, (its free). You'll get some great views from up there and you can ride it around and around as long as you want. You might want to stop by T4 and look around a bit to, they have a really nice mall and some good places to eat for the public. Enjoy your stay at JFK and have a safe trip. As for spotting the AirTrain station at T6 (jetBlue) provides some nice views of the taxi ways and 31R.

trekster
2006-08-30, 01:56 PM
Thanks for that.
Anyone be able to make it??
Just booked my standby flts today, and confirmed my JETBLUE flight woohoo

Dan

PhilDernerJr
2006-08-30, 01:58 PM
That's a tough day to meet up, and a high alert day for spotting, honestly.

I've got plans on that day, maybe someone else will pop up. :)

Gorgeous avatar by the way!

trekster
2006-08-30, 02:12 PM
Gotta love the 727, i was jumping around in my seat when we sailed past a few at PHL in 2004. First time i had ever seen one of the best aircraft made. Got a weird look from the guy next to me lol

Mateo
2006-08-30, 07:28 PM
Eeh, I was out at IAD on September 11th last year, and pretty much the only thing unusual was, ironically enough, BBJ2 HZ-102 and G-IV HZ-MFL. Of course, never underestimate the Port's ability to completely overreact to anything...