PDA

View Full Version : Group airport pickups at JFK and EWR

Nonstop2AUH
2006-08-25, 05:20 AM
Ok, this isn't the typical question but especially from those of you who work at the airports I could use some advice on this. I have to arrange the bus pickup of 2 groups of foreign clients, one at EWR and the other at JFK. I am reasonably comfortable that our bus company knows what it's doing, but I also know with added security the PA doesn't allow private buses to wait for their groups outside the terminal, they can only pull up to load and unload. Has anyone got any tips on how to do this in the most efficient manner that doesn't leave our clients standing around waiting for the bus but also doesn't get our driver in trouble for loitering? In many parts of the world you can just park your bus outside the terminal until the group is ready to go and I am afraid this is what the clients will expect as 'good service' but it's just not allowed here.

mikephotos
2006-08-25, 11:42 AM
Contact the Terminal operator and they can usually arrange/assist with this matter. Shouldn't be a problem to have the bus waiting with prior approval.

Michael

Midnight Mike
2006-08-25, 01:27 PM
Ok, this isn't the typical question but especially from those of you who work at the airports I could use some advice on this. I have to arrange the bus pickup of 2 groups of foreign clients, one at EWR and the other at JFK. I am reasonably comfortable that our bus company knows what it's doing, but I also know with added security the PA doesn't allow private buses to wait for their groups outside the terminal, they can only pull up to load and unload. Has anyone got any tips on how to do this in the most efficient manner that doesn't leave our clients standing around waiting for the bus but also doesn't get our driver in trouble for loitering? In many parts of the world you can just park your bus outside the terminal until the group is ready to go and I am afraid this is what the clients will expect as 'good service' but it's just not allowed here.

When I worked for NCA at JFK Airport, we used a company called Golden Touch for airport pickups for the pilots.

http://www.goldentouchtransportation.com/

In California when I arrange airport pickups, I either do a meet & greet, where the driver parks the & meets the crew with a sign, or, I give the passenger the number to the transportation company, who will be waiting somewhere, or, I will meet the crew at the airport myself.

Mike

Nonstop2AUH
2006-08-29, 04:51 AM
Thanks guys, I had a connection with the operator of one of the terminals in question but unfortuantely she is off this month, I think I will leave it to the bus company to figure out and just go out myself and make sure the group and bus find each other. Being on this site I am obviously not one of those people who doesn't like having to go to the airport!