PDA

View Full Version : Strange helicopter activity over Flushing airport

Mellyrose
2006-08-24, 09:34 AM
As I was on my way to work this morning, I noticed out the bus window a VERY low flying helicopter over by Flushing airport. At first, I thought maybe there was police activity going on, but as I watched it more, I noticed that it was making very erratic maneuvers and it looked extremely dangerous.

The whole time it was in my view I saw it doing "loopty loops" and hovering close to trees and the ground. I thought it had lost control or something. I really have no idea.

Does anyone know why this would've been going on? I mean, I know hiss srq is in town, but I don't know what he would be doing in College Point. :P :wink:

PhilDernerJr
2006-08-24, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know why this would've been going on? I mean, I know hiss srq is in town, but I don't know what he would be doing in College Point. :P :wink:

Oh, I get it. Because hiss_srq is known for helicopter stunts after that last thread.

haha

hiss srq
2006-08-24, 10:03 PM
ha ha ha ha not just yet i am not lmao see you all tomorrow though !

:lol:

Tom_Turner
2006-08-24, 11:23 PM
If it was loopty loops Mel, I think it was an RC.... :)

hiss srq
2006-08-24, 11:54 PM
yeah are you sure it was not an auto rotation? that is if it was the real deal not an rc

Mellyrose
2006-08-25, 09:16 AM
Um, I don't know what that means, but I am POSITIVE it wasn't an RC. It wasn't actually going upside down, but damn close to it.

hiss srq
2006-08-25, 09:46 AM
ha ha ha well i assure you that this time it was not me, that is pushing it for me lol :mrgreen: aand defineately not ana autorotation in that even lol

emshighway
2006-09-04, 07:03 PM
I belive this was a survey of the area by the Feds.

That's all I can say, I now need to eat my computer.

PhilDernerJr
2006-09-05, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the tip, ems! Welcome to the site. :)