PDA

View Full Version : 12 passengers on Dutch flight arrested

maem01
2006-08-23, 09:29 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14477489/

This is the MSN news article about the NorthWest flight from MSP to Bombay. They got arrested after the plane returned to Schiphol.

Although you can never rule out terrorism, I remember a UK colleague going to New York from London with Air India. He said the flight was a nightmare.

Nobody wanted to sit down for take off and just after the plane left Heathrow, people were up and moving around before the seatbelt light went out. The children were playing games down the aisles and for landing again nobody wanted to sit.

As soon as the wheels touched down, people were up getting bags out of the overhead and the plane had not yet left the runway.

So although these people could have been up to something and what they were doing is not something we would consider to do in the current climate, I am not too surprised with there activity.

Nonstop2AUH
2006-08-24, 04:43 AM
When I lived in the Middle East it was common to see alot of South Asian passengers who had never flown before or didn't fly often and didn't understand or respect airport/airline procedures. Things like using the phone at potentially inappropriate times, making a commotion for no particular reason and moving around alot are unfortunately a cultural issue in many cases.