PDA

View Full Version : The Defining Baseball Thread

PhilDernerJr
2006-08-22, 10:09 AM
State your team, and if it's not the Mets, I'll make fun of you. lol

Mellyrose
2006-08-22, 10:12 AM
I plead the 5th so that my friends and family back home in Philly don't beat me up. ;)

eric8669
2006-08-22, 10:24 AM
Mets, Mets, Mets. Was at the Game last Saturday for 86th 20th Anniversary. Will be at the game this Saturday in the Picnic Area.

Eric

Matt Molnar
2006-08-22, 10:27 AM
Let's go Mets go!

Great news: Glavine's arm problem isn't serious and he'll be making his next start.

RDU-JFK
2006-08-22, 10:32 AM
Mets.

Reasons the Yankees suck:
-The arrogance of not wearing names on the back of their jerseys (at least Boston has them for away games)
-Jeter and A-Rod on your team
-They use the DH (a general bash to the AL)
-That old guy who does the PA at yankee stadium needs to retire, and he's a poor commentator

Reasons why the Mets are better:
-THE stadium (Shea Stadium) right by LGA!
-They play in Queens
-Better, more diverse fans
-The National League
-The '86 World Series
-They're the Mets

Note this is all in good humor. I know I'll get flamed for making comments about the Spank-me's but please take it as a joke and don't be offended. Since Yankee fans will be quick to throw the 26's out there, I need the Mets fans to support me! And the '86 Mets World Series was more exciting than any of the recent Yankee series.

PhilDernerJr
2006-08-22, 10:37 AM
Mets, Mets, Mets. Was at the Game last Saturday for 86th 20th Anniversary. Will be at the game this Saturday in the Picnic Area.

Eric

Man, what I would have given to see Gary Carter that day, and the Mets playing in their old school jerseys.

Matt Molnar
2006-08-22, 10:39 AM
Man, what I would have given to see Gary Carter that day, and the Mets playing in their old school jerseys.

I know, I don't know why I didn't know about this 'til like the day before. I didn't even get to see it on TV. I heard it was awesome. :(

T-Bird76
2006-08-22, 10:54 AM
I broke my fathers heart when he took me to my first baseball game. It was the Cards vs the Mets and my father was die hard Cards fan and when I got to the game I started rooting for the Mets. Since then I've been a Mets fan, plus they are on Long Island Vs the Yanks who are in the City. Shut up Phil you know my stance on the NYC/LI thing, when it suits me Queens is Long Island not NYC, LOL

NIKV69
2006-08-22, 11:28 AM
There is only one baseball team in NY and they play in the house that Ruth built.

We just showed beantown who we are and we actually have a chance in the post season if our pitching hangs in there. Would love to meet the mets in the series and do to them what we did last time.

OWNED

T-Bird76
2006-08-22, 11:30 AM
There is only one baseball team in NY and they play in the house that Ruth built.

We just showed beantown who we are and we actually have a chance in the post season if our pitching hangs in there. Would love to meet the mets in the series and do to them what we did last time.

OWNED

Ruth is a fat bastard! LOL You will Bow to the Mircale Mets Nick! hehe :D

PhilDernerJr
2006-08-22, 11:34 AM

Well then I guess Ruth built a ****ty house that is crooked with tiny steep stairs that only a dwarf could navigate, let alone the stumbling drunks that the Yankees draw. ;)

Go to a Yankee game and get mugged afterwards! lol

Mellyrose
2006-08-22, 12:15 PM
Of course Nick would like Ruth....with his juicy man ass!

Alex T
2006-08-22, 12:24 PM
Tom- your father and me would have gotten along great. I am a STL Cards fan.

However my Brother and Father are Chicago-Cubs

Granted I am never interested in baseball, but I don't mind occasionally going to STL to watch a Cards game.

Alex

hiss srq
2006-08-22, 01:26 PM
YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!! The Dynasty of sports right here!

Meet the mets greet the mets step right up and beat the mets.... well except this year but hey it is a fluke

Matt Molnar
2006-08-22, 07:16 PM
Mets have picked up OF Shawn Green from Arizona in a trade...not clear yet who the Mets shipped out.

lijk604
2006-08-22, 10:09 PM
Mets...end of story. Trying not to get too excited as this team has seen enough heartbreak in its lifetime.

Matt Molnar
2006-08-28, 11:41 AM
One of the best Youtube clips ever:

A recreation of the bottom of the 10th inning from Game 6 of the '86 World Series using RBI Baseball for NES, and synchronized to Vin Scully's real play-by-play.

JArXRxuVTgY