PDA

View Full Version : Arrest Made in JonBent Ramsey Case

PhilDernerJr
2006-08-16, 09:01 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/16/ramse ... index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/16/ramsey.arrest/index.html)

I don't know if I buy this. Sorry for accusing the parents, but the evidence I've lerned points to them.

Let's see what develops.

PhilDernerJr
2006-08-17, 01:25 PM
This guy is confessing to some brutal stuff.

His ex says he was with her in Alabama at the time of hte murder, and I'm just kinda wondering if the guy is lying about this.

I still don't understand the one thing that made me really think it was her parents.....no footsteps to the house in the fresh snow.

Matt Molnar
2006-08-17, 03:37 PM
The guy said he drugged her.

The medical examiner found no drugs in her autopsy.

Hmm.

RDU-JFK
2006-08-17, 03:59 PM
This is very fishy indeed. The police had to had some leads as to this guy, or physical evidence.

NIKV69
2006-08-20, 07:47 AM
This guy did this to get out a prison term in Bankok which is not a good place to be. There is no way on this green earth he killed that little girl. I mean how does a girl die accidently with a rope tied tightly around her neck? No part of the evidence points to him, it points to someone that was in that house the whole time.

PhilDernerJr
2006-08-20, 09:56 AM
Just wanted to point out the photo on CNN:

http://nycaviation.com/pichost/jonbenetplane.jpg

What airline is this and why does it seem this guy is flying first class?

T-Bird76
2006-08-20, 09:56 AM
I haven't paid to much attention to this story this week, but Nick does bring up a good point. I can't imagine being in prison let alone a prison in Bangkok. Even if he is found not to have killed her, I wonder if he'll be charged with lying to the police and jailed here and not in Bangkok?

Matt Molnar
2006-08-20, 10:43 AM
What airline is this
"Karr, 41, is due to arrive at LAX aboard Thai Airways Flight 794 [Sunday] at 8:40 p.m., LAX spokesman Harold Johnson said." (thanks Google News)

and why does it seem this guy is flying first class?
Colorado DA's office = BLInG BLiNG

hiss srq
2006-08-20, 10:49 AM
The guy is smart at least in the sense that he is looking for a way to get out of jail overseas and than when finally disproven as far as the claim for killing the little girl goes I bet he either gets a poor man's vacation (looney hospital) or walks free in America again. I do not think when it all comes down to it he will get charged for the murder, he might get somthing small for screwing up the investigation big time but I doubt much more than that.

Matt Molnar
2006-08-20, 10:54 AM
BTW the flight is operated on an A345 if you're keeping score at home.

Matt Molnar
2006-08-20, 11:59 PM
This article clears up some things...the guy was not arrested in Thailand and not extradited to the US, he was simply expelled for being an "undesirable" and accompanied back to the US with a Colorado investigator. On the flight on Thai in biz class, he was not handcuffed, and was free to drink champagne and mingle with other passengers.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060820/D8JKD9U00.html

SengaB
2006-08-21, 12:50 AM
Not that I care about any of this side show news but the aircraft was Thai's HS-TLB :)
Nice landing too I might add.
Senga

NIKV69
2006-08-21, 02:12 AM
Funny how he told the media he was with her and she dies accidentally, yet she has severe tramua to the head and a garot around her neck as tight as you can get it. Doesn't ring so true.

PhilDernerJr
2006-08-21, 08:38 AM
I'm confused why people think that the accidental comment means anything.

Granted, I think he didn't do it either, but even guilty people say it was an accident to lessen their sentences, so him saying that is no big deal, as wrong as it might be.

Matt Molnar
2006-08-21, 10:33 AM
Re: the accident comment...I think he is more concerned about being seen as a monster in the eyes of the public than lessening his sentence.

Re: flying biz class...experts say this was a good move with the motivation being the more relaxed he is the more likely he would talk.

NIKV69
2006-08-21, 11:58 AM
Granted, I think he didn't do it either, but even guilty people say it was an accident to lessen their sentences, so him saying that is no big deal, as wrong as it might be.

You know there is something called evidene Phil, if you are going to say something, whether it's true or empty to try to gain some mercy it needs to have some credability. When a jury looks at the autopsy photos and the coroners report and they see someone beat this girl and went to her mothers painting kit and used a paintbrush and rope to make a garot to strangle this girl they are going to conclude that he either wasn't even in that house (which is more likely) or that it was a sexual assault and murder. Anything this person says is revelant, whether under oath or not.

PhilDernerJr
2006-08-21, 12:16 PM
Nick, I agree with you that this guy is NOT guilty of anything. However, the point that he siad it was an accident doesn't actually show anything except that, as Gotham said, he doesn't want to look like a monster.