PDA

View Full Version : Minor MX Problem @ LGA Makes CBS News Wire

Matt Molnar
2006-08-16, 05:37 PM
Today was the day the trans-Atlantic bomb plot was supposed to have taken place had it not been thwarted, so perhaps they had some itchy trigger fingers over at CBS. Either that, or all the news editors are on vacation and they left the interns in charge.

Delta Flight Returns to Gate at LaGuardia
Posted: Wednesday, 16 August 2006 2:18PM

NEW YORK -- A Delta flight bound for Atlanta returned to its gate at LaGuardia Airport Wednesday after developing a technical problem, officials said.

Flight 1089, carrying 126 passengers, left the gate around noon and was taxiing to the runway when an indicator light lit went off in the cockpit, said Gina Laughlin, a spokeswoman for Delta Air Lines Inc.

Maintenance crews were inspecting the plane. Another plane was brought in to take the passengers to Atlanta later in the afternoon, she said.

Laughlin had no specifics on the problem, but a spokesman from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey said that it may have had to do with hydraulic fluid.

The plane is a 142-seat, MD-88 model aircraft.

(TM & © 2006 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO & EYE Logo TM & © 2006 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report. In the interest of timeliness, this story is fed directly from the newswire and may contain occasional typographical errors. )

T-Bird76
2006-08-16, 06:25 PM
Well last week when I was coming back from Memphis we had a bad cockpit window, stay tuned Babara Walters is doing a special on it. God the media is just pathetic.

PhilDernerJr
2006-08-16, 08:51 PM
Talk about a slow news day.

Iberia A340-600
2006-08-16, 09:46 PM
Wow, I had not realized it would have taken place today. I flew out of EWR today.

cancidas
2006-08-16, 11:19 PM
jeez, if i had a dollar for every time one of my planes came back to the gate i'd be able ti finally by that DH3...

Mateo
2006-08-17, 12:41 AM
Let's see, the Sunday before last at Dulles... UA 744 returns to gate after overheating an avionics bay, CRJ blows a tire on landing, and NW 320 diverts in from DCA and lands without a hydraulic system, gear doors drooped and everything. I must have missed the banner headlines in the next day's newspapers. In all seriousness, the AP reporter was probably on the flight, which is why something like that was reported at all. The same thing happened with that UA 772 ORD-DEN that didn't have an APU on a very hot day - the hot cabin made the news because a Denver Post reporter happened to be on board.