PDA

View Full Version : J-41's in the states

hiss srq
2006-08-15, 11:10 AM
Are there any J-41's flying in scheduled service on this side of the pond anymore? Does anyone know?

RDU-JFK
2006-08-15, 11:35 AM
Dom't think so...the last ones that were flying were with Atlantic Coast and were shelved after FlyI was created. Don't think Trans States (American Connection flies them anymore either)

AndrewM
2006-08-15, 01:26 PM
I haven't seen any with the airlines recently, but I have run into a few J-32's and 41's doing charter work. I used to work them when I was at Atlantic Coast back in college and would ride brakes when we repositioned them around IAD.

Laxgoaly
2006-08-15, 01:38 PM
I haven't seen any with the airlines recently, but I have run into a few J-32's and 41's doing charter work. I used to work them when I was at Atlantic Coast back in college and would ride brakes when we repositioned them around IAD.

j-32?

AndrewM
2006-08-15, 03:55 PM
The J-32 is simply an ungraded engine on a J-31. It was either known as a super J-31 or a J-32. ACA's were super 31's or as they called them J-32's.

MarkLawrence
2006-08-15, 04:05 PM
Trans State (EDIT) and RegionsAir use them quite a lot in Missouri - they are used for the small routes from STL - namely - Springfield-Branson, Columbia, and the other small towns around MO...combination of JS41's and JS32's. I was able to get JP.net to accept a couple of photos a few years ago when I still lived there..

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=160464 is one example.

HAve a look on Flightaware (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KSTL) and you'll see them pop-up in STL quite a lot.

Nonstop2AUH
2006-08-15, 05:13 PM
Just before 9/11 a pilot friend of mine went to work for a company in Venice, Florida that had obtained some J31s and J32s and planned to offer a schedule between several underserved cities in the Sunshine State. I believe the type was chosen because they were cheaper to obtain than the more popular Beech 1900s (which, apparently, had a narrower cabin with). Anyway, this airline was partly owned by the guy who also owned the flight school at VNC that had the misfortune of being chosen by some of the 9/11 hijackers for their training, and in the post 9/11 mess, it never really got fully operational and I believe the Jetstreams were transferred to a charter operator/flight school in Orlando. Of course, my pilot friend lost her job (she's looking again if anyone has ideas). After that I don't know what happened to the Jetstreams, but at least one of them had been painted in a cool livery for marketing purposes. I know many J31s and 32s have been scrapped but some live on in the charter market.

hiss srq
2006-08-15, 05:20 PM
does she have a lear type? or any in type on Navajo's? I might be able to help her out BTW it is a SRQ based operation

Nonstop2AUH
2006-08-15, 05:51 PM
thanks hiss, she has plenty of navajo and twin cessna time, i messaged you privately about that if you dont get it let me know here

hiss srq
2006-08-15, 06:38 PM
i did not get it re send

Alex T
2006-08-15, 09:05 PM
Trans State (EDIT) and RegionsAir use them quite a lot in Missouri - they are used for the small routes from STL - namely - Springfield-Branson, Columbia, and the other small towns around MO...combination of JS41's and JS32's. I was able to get JP.net to accept a couple of photos a few years ago when I still lived there..

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=160464 is one example.

HAve a look on Flightaware (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KSTL) and you'll see them pop-up in STL quite a lot.

Mark!! We have a STL fan here?!?! I am only 2 hrs from STL, i spot at STL when I can, and I remember that shot of yours.

Regions Air never flew J-41's but they flew the J-32's but your right about Trans States flying the J-41's.

I use American Connection sometimes on the MWA-STL flight when I fly AA.

Alex

Mateo
2006-08-15, 09:18 PM
Again, not -41s, but Guilford/Boston-Maine/""Pan Am"" flies J-32s on the BED-TTN route, among others.

hiss srq
2006-08-15, 10:17 PM
may as well round the Boston Maine fleet out anyhow I have logged a trip on 2 of the 727's repeatedly in the last two years so why not.

MarkLawrence
2006-08-16, 09:17 AM
Mark!! We have a STL fan here?!?! I am only 2 hrs from STL, i spot at STL when I can, and I remember that shot of yours.

Regions Air never flew J-41's but they flew the J-32's but your right about Trans States flying the J-41's.

I use American Connection sometimes on the MWA-STL flight when I fly AA.

Alex

Alex

I lived in STL for 6 years before financial issues hit the company I worked for. I used to spot a lot at STL - but..unfortunately...AA put pay to a lot of that though. Have only been back once in the 2 1/2 years since I left - still have a lot of friends there. When I edite dthat - I should have put Regions has the JS32's and TS has the JS41's ...the JS 41 is still one of my fav planes - VERY comfortable ride.

Mark

Alex T
2006-08-16, 04:25 PM
Alex

I lived in STL for 6 years before financial issues hit the company I worked for. I used to spot a lot at STL - but..unfortunately...AA put pay to a lot of that though. Have only been back once in the 2 1/2 years since I left - still have a lot of friends there. When I edite dthat - I should have put Regions has the JS32's and TS has the JS41's ...the JS 41 is still one of my fav planes - VERY comfortable ride.

Mark

Mark-

Thats very cool, I wish I had met you earlier when you were in STL. I often psotted whenever I flew out of STL.

I enjoy riding the J-32 MWA-STL, its short so it isnt terribly long, and its nice to "go back in the days" of flying props and boarding by steps and whatnot. Plus sitting behind the cockpit with the door open is kickass.

If you are ever back in STL and I am free give me a heads up and I will try to make it up there if our schedules work out.

Alex