PDA

View Full Version : CHOCOLATE in Union Square

mirrodie
2006-08-14, 10:56 AM
actually just south of Union Square on Broadway.

Glenn in Sydney took us to this great place for Chocolate, sort of a chocolate restaurant.

Its called Max Brenner and started in Israel, grew in Australia and Manila and now this is the first US establishment.

841 Broadway.

If you like chocolate, check it out!

Mateo
2006-08-14, 08:42 PM
There's a Max Brenner in Manhattan now?! Between that, and the new Cafe Aroma in SoHo, it's turning out to be 11 fewer flying hours to get fixes of my Israeli favourites :)

Mellyrose
2006-08-14, 08:47 PM
My office has been trying to plan an outting to this place for over a month now. The time has come. 8)

T-Bird76
2006-08-14, 09:34 PM
I have to go to this place!!!!! I'll do just about anything for good dark chocolate!

mirrodie
2006-08-16, 09:30 PM
next time we are in the city, may have to have an nyca chocolate outing.

BTW I just editing the spelling of Chocolate.

I LOVE Max Brenner and got some for the women in my office.

works like buttah! LOL
they were mental over the cacao delights!

Mateo, tell me about Cafe Aroma....is that an Israeli chain?

Mateo
2006-08-16, 10:17 PM
Yup, Aroma was pretty much the first coffee place in Israel that offered coffee for take-away. Seven years later, the place is at Starbucks-level ubiquity, serving coffee and a whole range of good quality salads/sandwiches. One of the franchisees just opened one in the City, exporting the whole concept to the US.

Damn, now you have me craving a cup of Nana (spearmint) Tea!

RJpieces
2006-08-21, 12:10 AM
I walked into Max Brenner the other night and it was hopping...Unfortunately, I had just ate a huge Mexican meal and was not in the mood for chocolate but I'll definitely be trying it soon!

Mellyrose
2006-08-25, 04:39 PM
Today, one of the interns in my office brought us a box of chocolates from Max Brenner as a thank you present.

They really are THAT good. omg. :o

mirrodie
2006-08-26, 01:58 PM
I have a box at home and a box here in the office forh te women this week..

israelis are serious about their chocolate!

glennstewart
2006-09-13, 04:11 AM
I was glad to hear the news Mario.
I get multiple chocolate fixes here in Sydney at Max Brenner. I think we've got about ten stores open here now - but I'm a regular only at the one I take you too.

I have three full regular customer cards. I usually redeem them for chocolate. Unfortunately it seems that the setting up of New York has been we go without :(

Not too long now.... I'll be there needing the hot stuff again!
(Sorry Mario, weather here has picked up. Summer is on the way - it's gorgeous out there.... I'm thinking I'll need gloves when I'm there :P)

mirrodie
2006-11-03, 10:38 AM
Just back again.

went on Sunday with Glenn.

YUMMY
Highheels had a banana chocolate skae of some sort.

Glenn had the lick (a hot of molten chocolate) and ...an Italian hot chocolate.

I had a molton chocolate cake, dark chocolate ice cream and ....a dash of a lick of dark chocolate.

I am sated.

walked out with a THINK PINK box of truffles for the Susam Komen breast Cancer foundation.

YUMMY!!!