PDA

View Full Version : USAirways reports $305 mil 2 qtr PROFIT

LGA777
2006-07-27, 09:48 AM
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060727/lath004.html?.v=54

US may have a long way to go to get everything right and we still have many imperfections but we are on our way. When things where ruff for so long I fondly described the company and our employee group as the "Airline that refused to Die!" I would like to dedicate this thread to all the armchair CEO's on a.net that kept counting the days and salivating over our failure and shutdown! And for those who are not US fans or who have a bad experience I hope you give us another chance, we are on the way UP !

Respectfully

LGA777

PhilDernerJr
2006-07-27, 09:51 AM
Congrats, to you and your company, Ron. I was worried for a while and am really happy at how US Airways has started to comeback. I hope this trend continues.

hiss srq
2006-07-27, 09:55 AM
GO US! Great to see an old favorite recovering. Does anyone else think the trend will continue upward or otherwise. I personally see bright futures ahead for some time to go. Congrads to US/HP

T-Bird76
2006-07-27, 09:57 AM
Certainly great news from U.S Airways. Doug Parker is a fantastic CEO and did a great job with AWA and with the power of these two airlines combined they really can leverage their power. I wager you'll begin to see some inroads into Asia very soon by U.S. Wouldn't surprise me to see Japan come on-line this year or early next.

hiss srq
2006-07-27, 10:02 AM
I agree with you about that the crew for US at SRQ was discussing it a few days ago. That and potentially going into a few more European cities. (757 across the pond feaver maybe?)

Alex T
2006-07-27, 10:04 AM
Just lower the prices out of STL and I'd be able to afford them more often :P

Oh and Bring back mainline to STL! We only have 3 mainline flights, and all to PHX, the rest are RJ's to PIT, PHL and CLT.

But Congratulations to US and keep going.

Alex