PDA

View Full Version : Recent experience while Flying in Australia

mirrodie
2006-07-23, 10:52 PM
well, still getting back on track but getting ready for our third trip to Australia soon.

We flew on Qantas a few times but the check-in was a bit odd.
As of now, you HAVE t ocheck in at hte airport, either in person or at the kiosk. BUt there is no online check-in.

So we arrived in Sydney airport for a domestic flight. But all you had to do was go to the Kiosk and print a ticket. All you needed was a flight number, no ID.

And ID was never once checked to make sure that the person on the ticket was the same as the ID.

How secure is that? Qantas has a policy of not allowing people into cockpits anymore and yet you can board a flight without checking ID?

T-Bird76
2006-07-23, 11:36 PM
Mario was you're ID checked at the security gate or not at all? Like in the U.S you don't need id to use a kiosk or on-line but they do check it at the security checkpoint. If they didn't in Sydney I'd say that is a major hole in their security.

mirrodie
2006-07-24, 06:10 PM
not checked at the gate either. It was very odd.

In fact, after we did this in Sydney, it stuck with me. ON our next leg Darwin-Kununurra, when the Gate agent in Kununurra asked for my ID, I asked about Sydney's practice and she said, "Yes, that is scary and I don't like how they do it over there."

So I guess that is how it is.

hiss srq
2006-07-25, 04:49 PM
intresting hmmmmm..........