PDA

View Full Version : Westchester Opposes Airspace Redesign

PhilDernerJr
2006-06-23, 08:12 AM
http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... /WEBHEAD01 (http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060623/NEWS02/606230325/-1/WEBHEAD01)

I fail to see the problem with the plan. I often see aircraft already departing to the northwest and turning north. Not to mention that the aircraft that frequent HPN are pretty darn quiet. There isn't much in the immediate area of the airport, and the aircraft are above 10,000ft in a hurry.

"I think our air is already bad, and sending more planes over our communities will make a bad air pollution problem even worse,"

The activity at HPN is pretty low and the aircraft are tiny. This guy thinks the air is already bad, but based on what?

Now bring on the idiots.

"I don't think it's a good idea to have more planes over Indian Point....You've got to think of the terrorists."

First, I can't imagine anyone going to Westchester to commit a terrorist act. Granted, there's Indian Point, but what the hell would the flight plan have to do with terrorists? When was the last time you heard Mohammad Atta check in with New York Approach and request departure to the north?

These people complaining are the same people that wanted more service out of Westchester, helped to bring in AirTran, but now want the Bronx and Queens to bear the brunt of the consequences. Consequences that, are a small buzz of small aircraft WAY in the sky. It's not like these guys are dealing with Mad Dogs only 1,000ft over their heads.

The only thing worse than Nimbys are the ones who contradict themselves.

T-Bird76
2006-06-23, 09:11 AM
Another example of the uninformed voicing their opinions. As you stated the planes that leave HPN are the quietest most efficient aircraft in the sky today. This is why airports like LGA are delay prone because we are not giving the regional airports the opportunity to operate efficiently.

Matt Molnar
2006-06-23, 11:02 AM
HPN does get Northwest DC-9's and Bae-146's which are pretty loud, but I don't think the NIMBYs really know the difference...in their minds, anything louder than their Volvo = bad.

Greeney
2006-06-23, 12:25 PM
Ive never seen a NWA DC9 at HPN...Atleast this year? Us westchesterians live to cause issues with the New York Class Bravo.

lijk604
2006-06-23, 04:44 PM
Many of those "Westchesterians" fly on their PRIVATE jets which are based out of HPN. They have no clue.

Greeney
2006-06-23, 05:04 PM
true. There dumbasses.

SengaB
2006-06-23, 05:46 PM
HPN is my home base as well. The NWA DC-9s have been out of HPN for 1 to 1.5 years now.
Those NWA DC-9s did provide some great photo opportunities as well.
Senga