PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on this photo

Bellucciman
2006-06-13, 09:58 AM
Good Morning,

I'm new to avaition photography and would like some feedback regarding this photo. I've been spotting for a few months and have had mixed results. This one (I have more that I think look good too) looks pretty good. What do you think?

Be gentle.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i242/Bellucciman/aircanada.jpg

Thanks

Mike[/img]

Mellyrose
2006-06-13, 11:08 AM
Hi Mike, welcome!

First of all, in the future, you might want to shrink the image a bit....I had to save it to my desktop and then reopen it to view the full plane - generally we crop to 1024px x 683 px.
Also, when cropping, try and take advantage of the crosshairs to get it as close to perfectly centered as possible.

Besides that, things look pretty good. Certain parts are a tad soft and the levels might be a bit harsh, but that is all easily fixed with fine tuning. What is your workflow?
Do you use Photoshop or some other editing program? Anyway, for a newbie it's pretty darn good. (I guess I'm still a newbie, too...should I be talking? :P)

I've learned a lot from the guys on the boards, and improved my final results noticeably, too.

Again, welcome....please don't hesitate to ask specific questions. Between all of the 'experts' on the boards, you'll have your first Anet shot in no time. :)

Derf
2006-06-13, 11:23 AM
Not good at all... You need to make sure that the pilot is smiling next time! :lol: :wink:

Looks great if it just came off the camera...Needs a little post processing and it will really pop off the screen.

Bellucciman
2006-06-13, 11:35 AM
Hi Melly,

Thanks for the feedback! I think you're right, I should have shrunk the photo down a bit before posting. My apologies to all if it takes a while to download. I'll remember for next time!

I should have introduced myself before posting. I live in White Plains and have been in the photo industry for 18 years. Unfortunately my company is going out of business so my new career is going to be in the medical imaging industry (same company, different division).

I consider myself an amature photographer trying to work my way to an "advanced amature". I use Konica Minolta (digital) and Nikon (135mm) SLR's. I also recently purchased Photoshop CS2, so I'm learning! It's challenging but a lot of fun.

I've been out at LGA a few times since April and even hit EWR once. So far I see a lot of room for improvement, but then again it's a lot of fun!

NYCAviation is a great website and everyone seems really nice from what I have read. I even met DNA this past Saturday! We had a great conversation while taking photos of the planes. I look forward to meeting others and to some great conversation via the forums.

Thanks again for your input!

Regards,

Mike