PDA

View Full Version : A Big Congrats to Jay Selman

LGA777
2006-06-09, 09:43 PM
Although not a regular on these boards many of you have met or at least know of my good friend Jay Selman of Miami ! Some of you may also be familiar with a great aviation magazine called Airliners ! Jon Proctor was the editor for many great years until he retired and recently former New Yorker Dave Kaufman did a great job at the helm. The magazine has been sold and there maybe some significant changes but for now a new staff is taking over and I am proud to announce (with his permission) that Jay will be the new Managing Editor ! Jay and I have been good friends for over 18 years and I know he is more than up to the challenge in his new endeavor ! He believes his first issue will be Issue number 101, the Sept/October one and I am sure it will be great ! I would like to take a moment to thank both Jon and Dave for their hard work in their role to put together four times a year "The Worlds Airline Magazine"

Respectfully

Ron Peel

PhilDernerJr
2006-06-09, 09:45 PM
Wow! That is great news! Jay is a great guy and will surely fit that role well. :)

mirrodie
2006-06-09, 11:44 PM
Great to hear it Jay! Congrats!

FlyingColors
2006-06-10, 12:31 PM
Jay is the best!

Good for him, he has worked so hard and deserves it.

cancidas
2006-06-10, 10:59 PM
gotta add my support! congrats jay, make us proud!!

Tom_Turner
2006-06-11, 02:28 AM
This is certainly good news!

Airliners couldn't be in better hands I don't think.

Congrats Jay! :)

Tom

Skymonster
2006-06-11, 06:21 PM
Excellent news. Well done Jay. Look forward to many more great issues (I have every one so far)!

Andy

Art at ISP
2006-06-12, 04:33 PM
Congrats to Jay--well deserved.

Ron--any idea who they sold the mag to?

Send my best to Jay--will see him next time in MIA.

Best,

Art