PDA

View Full Version : I've Been Published!

moose135
2006-06-06, 07:00 PM
As many of you know, I work in the Advertising Department at Newsday, and one group in the department is responsible for our various Long Island travel & tourism magazines. I've gotten to know the folks there quite well, and have traded photo tips with a few of the guys. The Art Director, who puts the magazines together, is always looking for new photos of Long Island - his editor does most of the photography, and he gets a bunch from Newsday's archives - so I've given him a few CDs of shots I've taken around the Island.

In the latest issue (May 2006) of "This Month on Long Island" he used a photo I shot of the Montauk Point lighthouse. It's a little picture (about 2" x 2") and I didn't get paid for it, but right there next to the picture it says "Photo by John Musolino". The magazine isn't available on-line, but you can bet I'll have a copy in my camera bag the next time you see me :D

He said he likes my stuff, and would like to use more in the future!

Mellyrose
2006-06-06, 08:52 PM
Congrats John! I know how satisfying that must feel. Seeing your name next to your work is so exciting. Congrats!

:)

PhilDernerJr
2006-06-06, 08:56 PM
Hey that's greeat!! Show us when you get a chance! :)

mirrodie
2006-06-06, 09:59 PM
beautiful john! what is awesome!

Show it to me next time.

ciao

T-Bird76
2006-06-06, 10:07 PM
Fantastic John!!!! congrats!!! Well deserved.

lijk604
2006-06-07, 12:58 PM
Congrats there John, you definitely have the talent!