PDA

View Full Version : caribbean and WN ??? where would they fly into ??

N790SW
2006-06-05, 10:12 PM
hey guys:

i know this topic has been hacked to death in other forms but since i am a big WN fan and i would love to see them fly into that area one day - but my question is what airport would WN most profit from - and here are a few that i have seen in other forms and one of them is my own idea.

1.NAS ( my idea)
2.KIN
3.MBJ
4.SJU
5.POS
6.TAB

some routes for them

BWI-KIN
FLL-NAS
FLL-POS
FLL-TOB
FLL-SJU
BWI-SJU

these two are pushing it

ISP-SJU
ISP-NAS

i also heard and i can imagine WN could have the money to instal customs at ISP - i dont know and ill probably get flamed for sayin that .

Alex T
2006-06-05, 10:24 PM
STL-SJu was a HUGE money maker for American and TWA at the time we had connections, but it was a low yield, but high loads, i am sure it oculd work for SWA possibly.

ya i threw it out there lol

Alex

T-Bird76
2006-06-05, 10:35 PM
Well first off ISP already has a customs office. ISP handles international traffic from biz jets so international from commercial wouldn't be a challenge. As for WN putting up the money, they just spent over 100 mil for a new terminal, I'm sure a customs office wouldn't be a problem.

Well as I stated in another post WN is going to be doing allot of unWN things in the next few years. Currently WN has 140 firm orders with Boeing, those planes are going to have to fly somewhere.

N790SW
2006-06-05, 10:57 PM
tommy:

when you say WN will be doing alot of unWN things in the next few years, what do you mean by that and what will they do that will mean that . and as far as equip i can imagine all of these routes i mentioned would be serviced by -700s arent i correct. and as far as tommys statement i dont know about you but it shocked me to find out that WN is going to be flying into IAD =-O

T-Bird76
2006-06-05, 11:16 PM
Exactly what your last sentence was. A few years ago WN would have never gone into IAD and they said time and time again they'd never go into DEN either. WN's plan for years was to bypass the large metro area airports and serve the outlying airports like FLL, BWI, PVD, etc. Well 60 cities later they are running out of those cities and need to begin taking passengers from the large metro airports like DEN and IAD.

WN is facing some stiff competition from other strong LCC's that offer alot more then WN. Both AirTran and jetBlue are moving into WN's markets and if I had the choice I'd probably fly jetBlue or AirTran over WN. Look for some onboard improvements as well on WN. So WN can't sit back and let that happen. By starting service from cities like IAD, and DEN they are pulling from a totally different passenger group then lets say if WN went to COS. The chances are much better that someone living in Colorado Springs will drive to Denver vs. someone from Denver driving to Colorado Springs.

WN is also facing market stagnation. Cities like BWI and DAL are tapped out. BWI isn't growing and DAL is a huge weakness in WN's route network. Trust me if DAL starts losing money you'll see those flying beach balls at DFW in a heart beat. American is really stupid trying to keep Wright in place. By keeping Wright in place it’s going to force WN to leave Love and implant themselves in AA's front yard. The ramification of WN at DFW for AA is beyond compare. Either way AA loses.

As for other unWN moves, the ATA codeshare. ATA already is looking at a major fleet expansion and a huge international expansion code sharing with WN. That alone is huge for WN; just think the amount of passengers in the Chicago, LA, and Washington areas that now could use WN for both domestic and international?? The mainlines would lose 10% plus from their international routes.

How this will shape up, who knows, who's to say, WN can't take their new 737s sell or lease them to ATA for ATA's expansion. WN knows it has issues on the horizon and unlike the majors they are moving quickly to solve those issues. Say what you want about WN, their management runs an amazing airline that has been and probably will be wildly successful.