PDA

View Full Version : Today at FRG 5/25/06

K9DEP
2006-05-25, 11:26 AM
Well today at FRG was a busy day. I was at the tower with the ATM Cecil Claytor and we gave Angel 7 (Of the Blue Angels) his taxi clearance. When he was taking off the runway he did a 90 degree nose up climbout. Shortly thereafter an alarm went off in the tower signaling that some atennas off the runway had been damaged or knocked over. After that drama two A-10's, using the same callsiign (in formation too!) did a high speed fly-by of the tower and entered the downwind to land. I told my manager that I was going to drive over to the Airpower museum and when I got there Sean Tucker had landed in His Columbia 400 (which looks more like a cross-country sport plane than an aerobat). Anyway I know Fred will be uploading pics b/c on the way back I saw a certain someone standing on the roof of his car with a camera.
P.S,. :D Fred I will send you an Private Message that you should look at before you go to Republic again.[/b]

NIKV69
2006-05-25, 12:40 PM
b/c on the way back I saw a certain someone standing on the roof of his car with a camera

Nahh that couldn't be Fred. :|

K9DEP
2006-05-25, 01:10 PM
Oh yes it was! :lol: button up shirt with jeans, classic

Derf
2006-05-25, 01:12 PM
I got the shots from the far end...and then I took shots of them working on the ILS!!! ahahahahah

I was on my car for 4 hours
post some shots in the other thread in about 10 min! GREAT STUFF!@@@!!