PDA

View Full Version : Videos of American Flight 77 striking the Pentagon on Septem

Midnight Mike
2006-05-16, 08:25 PM
Scroll down until you see:

Videos of American Flight 77 striking the Pentagon on September 11, 2001
Video 1 (WMV)
Video 2 (WMV)

The quality is not the best, but, the DOD has released the video footage of the aircraft hitting the Pentagon....

There are 2 videos & they are from a Security camera, kind of the frame by frame video..

http://www.defenselink.mil/pubs/foi/index.html

fly.mcs
2006-05-17, 10:14 AM
Unfortunately my cousin was on this flight, AA77 from IAD to LAX. It's pretty hard to watch, but where's the plane? Sure I see the explosion, but just before it, all I see is a white streak, and that does not (in my opinion) resemble that of an American Airlines aircraft. Maybe the plane was too fast to be recorded in the frame rate of the security camera?, I don't know. It's just horrible.

Ari707
2006-05-17, 11:01 AM
it looks like the plane was just skimming the ground, I thought it would have come at more of an angle

SCOTYDEMCO
2006-05-17, 11:14 AM
I agree with you Michael, it is hard to watch still and I'm sorry to hear that. I couldn't see a plane either. You just see a white streak which doesn't resemble an AA aircraft. It was very low to the ground and no angle? Wouldn't it have hit something else that low to the ground before impact?

Midnight Mike
2006-05-17, 11:20 AM
Unfortunately my cousin was on this flight, AA77 from IAD to LAX. It's pretty hard to watch, but where's the plane? Sure I see the explosion, but just before it, all I see is a white streak, and that does not (in my opinion) resemble that of an American Airlines aircraft. Maybe the plane was too fast to be recorded in the frame rate of the security camera?, I don't know. It's just horrible.

It is hard to record an aircraft that is moving at 350-500 MPH, with this type of video camera, that is meant to record objects such as car & people that do not move as fast...

What should have been very interesting is that in the video footage you can see images of aircraft debris....

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin...... :cry: