PDA

View Full Version : United 93

PhilDernerJr
2006-05-14, 12:31 AM
Mel and I went to see this movie tonight. It was really something. I can't say I've ever felt such anxiety from a movie before. I was nervous going into it, and at several parts, my knees were literally shaking, mostly out of frustration and anger.

However, my anger was also directed at the audience. I'm ashamed to be an American with the ****ing disrespectful idiots that sat there in the theater. Thugged out losers talking to each other, cracking jokes, playing with their cell phones and acting like idiots.

After the movie, someoen actually called out "What happened?"

As for the movie itself, we saw a couple errors:

- CO ERJXR at EWR. I don't think CO has them back then.

- Footage of United 93 in the air....but it was an A320.

I highly recommend it to everyone.

Mellyrose
2006-05-14, 12:44 AM
Ditto. I seriously was contemplating beating somebody's face in. I don't understand these people's motives for going to see this type of movie in the first place, let alone on a Saturday night. I was actually ashamed to have shared watching the movie with these people. I was sitting there trying to hold back genuine tears, while these *******s were having full blown, outdoor voiced conversations about god knows what.

All in all, the movie was good. Obviously you go into it knowing there is no happy ending, but if you can handle it, I recommend seeing it.

NIKV69
2006-05-14, 06:33 AM
This is why I can't understand why this movie was made. I have watched documentaries on TV that have covered what happened to Flight 93 accurately and gave me the whole run down of what happened to that flight, for Hollywood to have to do it makes no sense. As for those idiots in the theater they sound like people who were using the movie as a night out and didn't go to the movie to gain any knowledge of the event or much care. Let's let these poor people rest already.

T-Bird76
2006-05-14, 10:43 AM
However, my anger was also directed at the audience. I'm ashamed to be an American with the ****ing disrespectful idiots that sat there in the theater. Thugged out losers talking to each other, cracking jokes, playing with their cell phones and acting like idiots.

This precisely why I avoid going to the movies, the mall, and other havens for losers like this. I'll wait until the movies comes out on DVD or On Demand and watch it.

Does anyone know what percentage of the proceeds are going towards the victims of UAL 93? I heard it wasn't a huge amount, something like 10%??

Midnight Mike
2006-05-14, 10:58 AM
This precisely why I avoid going to the movies, the mall, and other havens for losers like this. I'll wait until the movies comes out on DVD or On Demand and watch it.

Does anyone know what percentage of the proceeds are going towards the victims of UAL 93? I heard it wasn't a huge amount, something like 10%??

Yep, 10% of the revenue that was collected in the first week, was donated to the 9/11 Memorial....

Matt Molnar
2006-05-14, 12:04 PM
Newspaper ads for the movie also ask for donations to a fund of some sort.

I'm still a little perturbed that 100% of the profits aren't going to charity, but I'll probably see it on DVD since it's supposed to be so great.