PDA

View Full Version : Trip to LAS

Ari707
2006-05-11, 03:29 PM
I am going to LAS may 21-24, for work. My flight home leave LAS at 7:10 to PHX then back to JFK, but my last appointment is at 2, is there any easy place to spot in the Airport after I check in???

FLTS: AW 909 JFK-LAS 5/21
AW 715 LAS-PHX 5/24
AW 18 PHX-JFK 5/24

I am hoping to get at least one plane painted in NC

T-Bird76
2006-05-11, 03:54 PM
You can spot pretty much everywhere at LAS beyond the checkpoints but the windows are very tinted, the most I've see. There are exit doors between gates in some places without tint. If you have time visit the top of the parking garage or better yet the sunset viewing area. The US/AWA gates are rather old and a bit shabby, if you can take the train to the new D gates for a look.

Ari707
2006-05-11, 04:22 PM
It will also depend on how heavy my carry-on is

T-Bird76
2006-05-11, 04:23 PM
It will also depend on how heavy my carry-on is

Check it! Spotting is more important! LOL :wink:

NIKV69
2006-05-11, 04:30 PM
Getting to the Sunset viewing area after you checked in will have to be by taxi or the Duece. Keep in mind the sun may have moved west in the late afternoon. I think 1R is still closed so the garage will be tough shooting. Any gate shots facing south will be backlit but you can walk to the northwest parking garage roof and maybe get some stuff. AS has some planes there. Depending on how much time you have and transpo the Terrrible's gas station lot just south of Mandalay on LVB can give you some good stuff with 19R rotations though they will be mostly Biz stuff. In the rare event they are using the 1s you can get good stuff and keep an eye out for the Janet stuff, they always land on that side of the airport.