PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey shooters' days to be numbered?

Tom_Turner
2006-05-10, 07:30 PM
http://www.airliners.net/discussions/av ... in/233579/ (http://www.airliners.net/discussions/aviation_photography/read.main/233579/)

T-Bird76
2006-05-10, 08:21 PM
Sounds allot like when NYC was trying to ban photographs of the subway system and bridges. If this country survives Bush's presidency I'll be amazed. Someone needs to run for office based on our Constitution and not fear! Just makes me sick. :cry:

Tom_Turner
2006-05-10, 08:27 PM
Sounds allot like when NYC was trying to ban photographs of the subway system and bridges. If this country survives Bush's presidency I'll be amazed. Someone needs to run for office based on our Constitution and not fear! Just makes me sick. :cry:

I'm not going to miss Bush one bit, but the two New Jersey sponsors of this bill are Democrats..and I bet they continue on without Bush.

T-Bird76
2006-05-10, 08:55 PM
[quote="T-Bird76":54785]Sounds allot like when NYC was trying to ban photographs of the subway system and bridges. If this country survives Bush's presidency I'll be amazed. Someone needs to run for office based on our Constitution and not fear! Just makes me sick. :cry:

I'm not going to miss Bush one bit, but the two New Jersey sponsors of this bill are Democrats..and I bet they continue on without Bush.[/quote:54785]

I was reading that but Bush is the one who perpetuated this feeling of living in fear. Amazingly at the same time he says we need to live our life. I think your going to see a huge change in gov't over the next few years. I think most Americans have had enough and realize our country is being lead astray.

Midnight Mike
2006-05-10, 09:43 PM

Not sure what President Bush has to do with a State Law? You certainly got me on that one....

A state Senate bill that would make it illegal to collect information about security and procedures at airports and other critical infrastructure through observation could encroach on the freedoms of reporters and concerned citizens, journalism advocates say.

It is a theory, whether or not, this could outlaw photography on the airport.

Similar Bills are being passed in Europe....

There is no Constitutional right to take photos....

Now, as I have said before Gents, right your Congressmen, let these people aware, that these type of laws, impact you........

T-Bird76
2006-05-10, 10:26 PM
[quote="T-Bird76":d4e46]Sounds allot like when NYC was trying to ban photographs of the subway system and bridges. If this country survives Bush's presidency I'll be amazed. Someone needs to run for office based on our Constitution and not fear! Just makes me sick. :cry:

Not sure what President Bush has to do with a State Law? You certainly got me on that one....

A state Senate bill that would make it illegal to collect information about security and procedures at airports and other critical infrastructure through observation could encroach on the freedoms of reporters and concerned citizens, journalism advocates say.

It is a theory, whether or not, this could outlaw photography on the airport.

Similar Bills are being passed in Europe....

There is no Constitutional right to take photos....

Now, as I have said before Gents, right your Congressmen, let these people aware, that these type of laws, impact you........[/quote:d4e46]

There is a Constitutional right that protects photography, the first Amendment. The first amendment protects our freedom of speech, which includes art; photography is considered an expression of art.

As for Bush and the state, it all stems from the head of the body. Bush and his administration have been perpetuating a feeling of fear in this country. Fed or State, Dem or Reb the President's focus will have impact on various levels of Gov't.

SengaB
2006-05-10, 10:30 PM
If something like this passes in NJ then you know its just a matter of time before other states follow suit. Especially NY. That Subway proposal was born to fail but this NJ thing I think is a little different. It doesn't help that its NJ either.
The only 2 good things that come out of NJ are Art and MikeP.
Senga

Tom_Turner
2006-05-10, 10:55 PM
<<I was reading that but Bush is the one who perpetuated this feeling of living in fear. Amazingly at the same time he says we need to live our life. I think your going to see a huge change in gov't over the next few years. I think most Americans have had enough and realize our country is being lead astray.
_________________ >>

I hope so.

The Democrats have to run right of Bush though on Security.

Example - Arab Ports deal.

Who needed to exploit the fear there? Queen Hilary. Even as her husband served as a consultant for Dubai. Remember, we had to bomb Serbia whenever the next move was played by Ken Starr. Its the same old ****...

Matt Molnar
2006-05-10, 11:52 PM
Disgusting. But we probably should have seen it coming.

Republicans and Democrats are generally equally guilty when it comes to quashing free will and free speech, so this has nothing to do with Bush or anyone else. Airport security is the sort of hotbutton issue that politicians are afraid to say no to, even if what they're banning does absolutely nothing to make anyone safer (read: Howard Stern villified equally by both parties, censored versions of CDs, courtesy of Tipper Gore). If they're ever asked about a law like this, you can bet Queen Hillary and Chuck "E. Cheese" Schumer will support it 100%. With all the hairbrained security ideas Schumer holds his infamous press conferences for, I'm surprised he hasn't suggested doing this on a national level. The public has been conditioned to believe that anyone photographing anything related to transportation is probably up to no good, so don't expect any public outcry defending aviation photogs. The only way to beat this will be in court.

SengaB
2006-05-11, 12:04 PM
I should add that NJ already has a law on the books that make it illeagal to photograph or videotape while o the turnpike. I'd say this new proposal could happen easily and shows the mind set of these people who are making these "laws."
Senga

runway27r
2006-05-11, 03:33 PM
Do Not Panic.
Inside sources say the bill has been put on the shelf. No 'official' word on this so far.

Paul

markg
2006-05-14, 08:19 PM
If something like this passes in NJ then you know its just a matter of time before other states follow suit. Especially NY. That Subway proposal was born to fail but this NJ thing I think is a little different. It doesn't help that its NJ either.
The only 2 good things that come out of NJ are Art and MikeP.
Senga

Thanks a lot Senga!! Nice to know I'm not loved :wink:

SengaB
2006-05-14, 11:49 PM
Hey Mark, You know you are the MAN! Yes I forgot you are in JN as well. I should modify my statment. I have found people outside of the imidiate area closest to NYC to be least pleasant and those that are outside of the NYC , Newark area to be quit plesant-especially when you get to central and southern NJ SO Now its Marc, MikeP and Art :)
jk

Senga

FlyingColors
2006-05-15, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the kind words Senga...I think. (just kidding)

FlyingColors
2006-05-15, 05:36 PM
"I was reading that but Bush is the one who perpetuated this feeling of living in fear"

BRAVO TOMMY!

FEAR is a tool that is used to JUSTIFY, to MOTIVATE, the war, gas prices, and yes to interfere with our very own civil liberties, freedoms and rights. FEAR makes money!

The present administration will be hailed an expert at elevating FEAR.
They don't want PANIC, that won't make money.

Sad that so many still believe we live in democracy. Were just mere cattle with one job, to consume. That is our very essence of existence.

FlyingColors
2006-05-15, 05:49 PM
So how about.............something.

Could we as a GROUP write our Congressmen about such bull.

(Or will Phil just slip back into the honeymoon penthouse for round 87)

BTW a petition at the picnic would be easy...thats if anyones going..

T-Bird76
2006-05-15, 08:27 PM
"I was reading that but Bush is the one who perpetuated this feeling of living in fear"

BRAVO TOMMY!

FEAR is a tool that is used to JUSTIFY, to MOTIVATE, the war, gas prices, and yes to interfere with our very own civil liberties, freedoms and rights. FEAR makes money!

The present administration will be hailed an expert at elevating FEAR.
They don't want PANIC, that won't make money.

Sad that so many still believe we live in democracy. Were just mere cattle with one job, to consume. That is our very essence of existence.

It probably would benefit us as a group to write our congressman about not supporting this bill. Again though I feel for the next two years we are going to be stuck in the same position we are now. Living with the BS that is being feed to us. Although as Americans the majority will wake up at some point and change things. It’s my feeling that in a few years our gov't will be shaken to its core. There are a few politicians in Congress and the Senate that knows things have to change but right now is not the time.