PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise's Treatment by the Media

PhilDernerJr
2006-05-08, 08:57 PM
Now, don't get me wrong. I think Tom Cruise has gone off the deep end. I think all Scientologists have.But the media is now taking any chance they can to take a stab at him.

Mission Impossible 3. Opening weekend it made $48 million. FORTY EIGHT. One of the top movies of the year so far, and the media is calling the weekend a disappointment. What a spin to put on that.

So the guy yelled at Matt Lauer. So he talks about psychological drugs bfor kids being bad (which they are, Scientology or not). They can't deny that Tom is still doing great and that MI3 is one of the top movies of the year (judging my revenue).

Midnight Mike
2006-05-08, 09:42 PM
The movie should have pulled in more than $48 million, with all of the interviews, ads, etc.

Had it been another type of movie, $48 million would have been quite a feat, but, for a Tom Cruise movie in the Mission Impossible series, the number is on the low side.....

T-Bird76
2006-05-08, 09:52 PM
The movie was suppose to make 77 million this past weekend so from a business standpoint they missed the target by a huge amount. The movie needs to make 300 million in the theaters to break even, at this pace it won't.

Midnight Mike
2006-05-08, 10:03 PM
Let's not forget, that Tom Cruise is pulling in close to $30 million per movie.....