PDA

View Full Version : Moussaoui Sentence To Be Announced at 4:30pm EDT

Matt Molnar
2006-05-03, 04:02 PM
Post your reactions here.

(This could probably be in the News forum, since his crimes were aviation-related, and his actions and those of the other evil people on 9/11 crippled the aviation industry, the debate about his fate will be more about politics than aviation, so I put this thread here.)

Matt Molnar
2006-05-03, 04:58 PM
Jury recommends life in prison.

I concur.

PhilDernerJr
2006-05-03, 07:08 PM
I'm so excited that he got life. I didn't want him to become a martyr for his cause. I can't wait for him to sit in jail for a long, long time and hear when I am 50 that he died a scrawny misterable death after fighting gout or something.

T-Bird76
2006-05-03, 07:14 PM
Well I really wish he got the death. I don't think he'd be looked at as a martyr. He failed at his mission and was captured by the enemy. Being put to death by his enemy is certainly not heroic. Now some terror group can kidnap American's overseas and demand his release in exchange for the hostage’s release. No need to keep him alive, the only good terrorist is a dead one.

cancidas
2006-05-03, 08:56 PM
now we get to pay for him to be nice and comfy for the rest of his life, enjoy 3 meals a day plus cable. he can even get a degree when he's in there... some punishment. send him my way, i'll take care of that POS in five minutes flat!

Tom_Turner
2006-05-03, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I agree. He should be exterminated.

He would not have died a martyr; thats only if he managed to take some lives with him. Being put to death by the enemy in a failed mission does not count.

Tragically, I am sure the US will ensure that his spiritual needs are met while incarcerated.

I can imagine some years from now a demand for his release in connection with WMD blackmail.

Hyder
2006-05-03, 09:34 PM
Real martydom is not attained in that way. In the eyes of radical islamists maybe, but in the eyes of true Islam these guys were nothing but cowards with a twisted cause.