PDA

View Full Version : Tomcat Returns to LI!

GrummanFan
2006-04-28, 04:24 PM
I found this on the American Airpower Museum website. Those who love the Tomcat as much as I do will surely be interested...

The Grumman F-14 Tomcat - Long Island Victory Lap

On June 15th, mid morning, two Grumman designed and built F-14 Tomcat fighters will fly over Calverton where they were built, Bethpage, where they were designed and then land at Republic Airport where they will taxi up to the American Airpower Museum for public inspection. A museum donation will be requested at the gate.

On June 16th, a private reception will be held for Northrop-Grumman employees and Grumman retirees, with the Tomcats departing early afternoon.

Anyone want to join me at Calverton?

T-Bird76
2006-04-28, 04:27 PM
Well being a work day and FRG only a mile from my office I think I'll elect to catch them at FRG that day.

Derf
2006-04-28, 09:58 PM
OOOOHHHH YEA!!! I AM IN!

PhilDernerJr
2006-04-28, 10:20 PM
That sounds really exciting. I just might go.

mirrodie
2006-04-29, 09:39 AM
im in contact with someone at Grumman. THe arrival time into FRG was a bit earlier but as the time drawss closer, I'll confirm approximate times.

With any luck, I'll try to finnagle the FRG controller to have them fly direct in front of my office...for easy spotting at work ;)

SCOTYDEMCO
2006-04-29, 10:29 AM
You've been doing your homework Dan! Good find man. I'm in for FRG. We'll have to wait to hear the times and whatnots as it gets closer.