PDA

View Full Version : Allegheny to LGA - Thurs Apr 27th 10am

Tom_Turner
2006-04-27, 10:37 AM
Saw (I believe) Allegheny (USAir) airbus on approach to LGA at apprx 10am--if anyone is nearby interested in getting it.

TT

LGA777
2006-04-28, 12:13 AM
Tom. its in LGA constantly, but I stopped posting the routing's due to lack of replies to my time consuming posts. It's on the Shuttle Friday and Saturday, don't remember the times and now I am off till Sunday. If I have time on my days off will try and post a few of my PSA/Allegheny passing each other on the taxiway and runway shots from this week. I expected these birds to be on the Shuttle a lot but let me tell you guys, they have both been on the Shuttle a L O T !!!! The PSA is not scheduled for LGA the next few days but that could change.

The Allegheny repaint should occur in the next few weeks the the "Piedmont Pacemaker" should follow that to the paint shop. 319's ships 704 and 768 have just been repainted in the new colors and 705UW is getting her new paint as we speak. Rumor has it we will continue painting 757's in June, so far only 605, 607, and 626 are repainted, plus our new 757E's (internal designation for the ex ATA Birds) 642, 643, 644 are also painted but not yet in service.

Cheers

LGA777

cancidas
2006-04-28, 08:54 AM
tom, she was here. i was moving a staircase around again when i looked up and out there on the A and B taxiways were both allegheny and PSA. wish i had a cam again, was a beautiful sight!

LGA777
2006-04-30, 09:30 PM
Looks like N745VJ will be going into repaint either Wed or Thursday May 3-4. Will keep you posted. N744US will follow and N744P is going to be done around 5-16 !

Regards

LGA777

LGA777
2006-05-03, 03:00 PM
Well if you have not gotten your shots of version 1 of N745VJ's Allegheny Retro Scheme is it not going to happen. She ferries tonight to ARA for repaint into version two and the more accurate version of what a 319 would have looked like if Allegheny actually flew them. You can never please everybody but I think most of you will like the new version. And at least we got an extra special scheme to shoot. As of now N745VJ is scheduled to ferry to PIT late at night on Monday May 8th and re-enter service on Tuesday May 9th. I will do my best to keep everyone updated when routing's are known, probably will not know till Monday or Tuesday !

Regards

LGA777

LGA777
2006-05-10, 06:30 PM
N745VJ is back on line and overnight-ed in LGA last night. Left at 0615 this morning for PIT and SFO, she is NOT scheduled for LGA for the next 5 days. I have no photos but I went out and did a walk around late last night. The changes are subtle but an improvement that most of you will like. The darker gray bottom is a little lighter than I expected and is tasteful. The tail logo is a little smaller than the rendering I saw but it and the whole scheme is more realistic. I am sure a photo will appear in the next day or two. As soon as I see a planned LGA visit I will post here !

Cheers

LGA777