PDA

View Full Version : Help uploading photos!!!

s2vKJFK
2006-04-19, 04:33 PM
Does anyone have any sugestions on uploading photos to websites like Airliners.net or for that matter any website? No matter what I do with my current software Kodak Easyshare it will not reduce the picture size enough to allow uploads. If someone can recomend better software or any tricks other than changing the quality and size of the photos using the above software it would be apprecitated????

I would love to share my photos and no one gets to see them :cry:

NIKV69
2006-04-19, 05:11 PM
First thing I would do is get Photoshop. Even if it is 2.0 elements it's a good start. Save the pictures from your camera to a folder on your computer, then use Photoshop to crop and re-size and edit. Would love to see your stuff!

Mellyrose
2006-04-19, 05:58 PM
If you can get your hands on any version of Photoshop or editing software, that would be helpful.

Once your photo is in one of those programs, resize it to 1024px by 683px. That is the standard for most websites, and a good size to show your work in...not too big, not too small.

If you need help with the specific editing process, to increase your chances for acceptance on a website, check out some of the other threads in this forum. Members have given some great advice!

s2vKJFK
2006-04-20, 02:55 PM
NIKV69
Thanks for the advice I ordered Photoshop 4.0.

I hope I will have more luck with it?

Thanks again,

s2vKJFK

NIKV69
2006-04-20, 05:24 PM
Great! If you go to the upload page on anet there is a PDF from Fergul with a good basic set by step way to edit aviation photos, it's a great way to start. Also buy a book on PS, I bought a great book so I could learn CS2 and I try to read it and learn something as much as I can. When you get your first few pics done post them here!