PDA

View Full Version : jetBlue expands south

T-Bird76
2006-04-13, 04:35 PM
jetBlue today announced service from JFK to CLT and RDU using E190s. Its good to see jetBlue expand to more business markets then simply leisure. Certainly good news for these cities.

NEW YORK, April 13, 2006 (PRIMEZONE) -- JetBlue Airways Corp. (Nasdaq:JBLU) today announces it will begin service between New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), its hometown, and the North Carolina cities of Charlotte, starting July 12, and Raleigh-Durham, starting July 20, with four daily round-trip flights to each city on its new EMBRAER 190 aircraft. JetBlue will bring low fares to these cities, with introductory one-way fares from JFK starting at $69(a,b) each way, and regular fares between 40 and 70 percent lower than current market rates. Regular one-way fares between New York and Charlotte will range between $89(b) and $199(b). Regular one-way fares between New York and Raleigh-Durham will range between $79(b) and $199(b). Roundtrip purchase is never required on JetBlue.

"Charlotte, as the nation's second largest banking region, and Raleigh-Durham's 'Research Triangle' have natural ties to New York, but until now, the people of North Carolina have overpaid for sub-standard service," said JetBlue CEO David Neeleman. "With four round-trips a day to New York, JetBlue's 10,000-plus crewmembers hope to change that for North Carolinians by bringing our award-winning customer service and low fares to Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham."

"I am pleased to welcome JetBlue Airways to Charlotte," said Mayor Pat McCrory. "This service announcement is validation of our strategy to provide a strong base of transportation choices for Charlotte. I am confident that JetBlue will be welcomed by the community and I wish them great success."

"I applaud JetBlue for bringing its award-winning customer service airline to the Research Triangle region of North Carolina," said W. Stephens Toler, Chairman of the Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority. "With nonstop service to JFK and dozens of connecting cities, the region will benefit from the increase in affordable travel, tourism, and business activity."

JetBlue will operate four daily flights between New York and both Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham, using its brand-new EMBRAER 190 aircraft. This 100-seat aircraft offers customers comfy all-leather seats and the most live entertainment options in the skies today, with 36 channels of DIRECTV programming and more than 100 channels of XM Satellite Radio. JetBlue customers enrolled in the airline's flight gratitude program, TrueBlue, will earn two TrueBlue points each way, with double points awarded for travel purchased online at http://www.jetblue.com.

Paint the town blue -- JetBlue's Charlotte schedule,
effective July 12:
From Charlotte, NC (CLT) From New York/JFK
to New York/JFK to Charlotte
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Depart -- Arrive Depart -- Arrive
6:00 a.m. -- 7:50 a.m.(eff 7/13) 7:15 a.m. -- 9:05 a.m.
9:35 a.m. -- 11:25 a.m. 12:00 p.m. -- 1:30 p.m.
2:30 p.m. -- 4:20 p.m. 5:35 p.m. -- 7:35 p.m.
8:05 p.m. -- 9:55 p.m. 9:30 p.m. -- 11:20 p.m.

Paint the town blue -- JetBlue's Raleigh-Durham schedule,
effective July 20:
From Raleigh-Durham, NC (RDU) From New York/JFK
to New York/JFK to Raleigh-Durham (RDU)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Depart -- Arrive Depart -- Arrive
6:10 a.m. -- 7:55 a.m. (eff 7/21) 8:30 a.m. -- 10:20 a.m.
10:55 a.m. -- 12:35 p.m. 12:50 p.m. -- 2:35 p.m.
3:15 p.m. -- 5:00 p.m. 4:50 p.m. -- 6:40 p.m.
7:10 p.m. -- 8:50 p.m. 9:25 p.m. -- 11:10 p.m.

fly.mcs
2006-04-13, 11:35 PM
Wow, that's some GREAAAT news! I wish it came sooner though, like this April break. I wanted to go visit my aunt down in Raleigh, but the fares were too high. Glad to see JetBlue is adding service there. I'll sure be visiting her this summer!

RDU-JFK
2006-04-14, 08:17 AM
Yahoo! This is great news...I've been waiting for RDU service.