PDA

View Full Version : ATA 738's Still Disappearing - Not Cool

PhilDernerJr
2006-03-24, 12:26 AM
I flew on this plane a few weeks ago on my way back to LGA from MDW. Tommy and I even got her landing the previous day:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5673060

Then this:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5695442

What the ****?

Midnight Mike
2006-03-24, 02:14 AM
The Victorville Airport director gave me a tour of the airport last year, on the ramp were "4" 737-800 & a 757, all were going to other airlines. He did not let me take any photos, I wanted to shoot myself when the GE 747 test aircraft was on the ramp as well, with the oversized engine.....

T-Bird76
2006-03-24, 10:42 AM
Well its about the time now where ATA has stopped serving allot the cities it once did and is ramping down its fleet to less then 30 frames. This isn't a bad thing, its part of ATA's business plan. With their scaled back ops and more focus on charter and leisure to places like HNL with Southwest feeding them its really a home run for them. There's also nothing to say they won't expand to other destinations WN doesn't serve. I wouldn't be surprised to see San Juan come back, and other Mexican and Caribbean destinations being served from places like FLL, and HOU announced.

One other thing which will make Phil happy, ATA parks about four birds at LGA at night. When I flew to MKE last week they had two birds at the gate and two parked.

NIKV69
2006-03-24, 04:48 PM
The Victorville Airport director gave me a tour of the airport last year, on the ramp were "4" 737-800 & a 757, all were going to other airlines. He did not let me take any photos, I wanted to shoot myself when the GE 747 test aircraft was on the ramp as well, with the oversized engine.....

I saw those 738s when I visited Victorville last January. The position of the aircraft made it tough to take pics. I am surprised he wouldn't let you take any pictures. What was the reason? I saw that DC-10 water tanker but couldn't shoot it since it was wedged between two other buildings.

T-Bird76
2006-03-24, 04:54 PM
Victorville is extremely strict when it comes to taking pictures, its a big no no. First most of the planes are being sent to other airlines and generally that's no looked upon in good light to take photos, second I believe Victorville operates a number of CIA flights and shooting anything operated by the CIA is off limits. Look at the photos of Victorville on A.net or Jp.net very few are taken on the ground. What you can do is rent a Cessna for two hours and just do some touch and goes and you can shoot as much as you want from the plane.

N790SW
2006-03-24, 04:56 PM
yeaa tht is sad but hey how about this - it seems like they will be gettin the 763s tht i belive WN will be paying for and who knows maybe we will see them with 737-700s or hey maybe even 739s i guess only time will tell

T-Bird76
2006-03-24, 04:58 PM
yeaa tht is sad but hey how about this - it seems like they will be gettin the 763s tht i belive WN will be paying for and who knows maybe we will see them with 737-700s or hey maybe even 739s i guess only time will tell

Where did you get they are getting 767s???? That plan was scrapped about a year ago.

N790SW
2006-03-24, 05:04 PM
i heard tht from a friend tht works for WN idk maybe their still on or not ??