PDA

View Full Version : NYC Transportation Question

MEL
2006-03-20, 07:11 PM
Hey Guys, how's it going?

This is my first post on the forum... it pertains to ground transport options to get from either Newark or LaGuardia to the 2006 Auto Show on a Friday, maybe April 21st.

Me and my bro will be flying in from Toronto on Air Canada, to either EWR or LGA, doesn't really matter, then flying out to Frankfurt, out of either EWR or JFK the same evening. We just wanna stop in NYC to see the Auto Show for the day. So, we need advice on:

------------------------------------------------

1 - getting from EWR or LGA to the Convention Center: "The Jacob K. Javits Convention Center is located on 11th Avenue between 34th and 39th streets."
http://www.autoshowny.com/how/

2 - getting from that Convention Center back to EWR or to JFK.

------------------------------------------------

Public transport would be ideal, if it's cheap, and doesn't take forever.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Matt
http://www.contrailsphotography.com/

jakbar
2006-03-20, 07:58 PM
EWR is definitely easier. Hop on the AirTrain to the Newark Airport Rail Station, where you catch a train for a 20-30 minute ride to Penn Station. From there, you can walk to the Javits Center. It's probably a 15 minute walk. A cab ride would probably run you no more than $10. For your reference, Penn Station is on 34th Street and 7th Avenue, so you're really not that far from the Javits Center at all. When I went two years ago, I walked from Penn Station.

If you fly into LGA, you'd have to take a cab for sure, and a ride from LGA to Manhattan isn't cheap, and, depending on traffic, can take a while.

Then, if you're flying to FRA later that night, either JFK or EWR is accessible by train from Penn Station. I'd say about an hour from Penn Station to JFK, and maybe 45 minutes to an hour for EWR.

Hope this is helpful. Ask more questions if you've got them.

PhilDernerJr
2006-03-20, 08:00 PM
Glad to see you here, Matt! Josh gave you some pretty good pointers, not sure what else to add.

MEL
2006-03-22, 03:15 AM
Ok, thanks for the help. The only other question I have:

Does anyone know if there is someplace to store our bags at EWR airport for the day? YYZ has such facilities (a couple of dollars per bag, or something like that).... anything like this at EWR, or has security paranoia taken over this possibility?