PDA

View Full Version : jetBlue and new gates at JFK??

T-Bird76
2006-03-20, 02:13 PM
I was reading an article on jetBlue and it mentions that jetBlue will gain 7 news gates this year at JFK. My question is...Where are the new gates? Here's a excerpt from the article quoting Neeleman.

Neeleman insisted that JetBlue remains committed to its high-growth strategy, and he said the number of Kennedy departures will double by the end of 2008. He said JetBlue will gain access to seven new gates at Kennedy this June, and that new gates will become available at the end of 2008 when the airline opens a new terminal.

LGA777
2006-03-20, 02:54 PM
There are building some sort of temporary gate addition near the current terminal, maybe Bluejuice can provide more details ?

Cheers

LGA777

bluejuice
2006-03-21, 05:08 PM
Funny you should ask.The trailors arrived on site yesterday. The gates are going to be up by Alpha taxiway. If you look at any old google earth shots of t5 they are by the old gate area that was recently demolished.They are going to be a similar setup as to what we have in LGB only they will have jetbridges on them. It will be an excellent viewing spot for arrivals and departures on 31-13 as it is well past the TWA terminal. We are going to have a walkway between T6 and T5 as they re-positioned gate 17 on Sunday about 10 feet closer to 16. I also heard it may be a bus . We shall see

Futterman
2006-03-21, 05:24 PM
Temporary terminal? I didn't even know LGB had something like this...are they the white buildings in this shot? http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0398844/L/

It will be an excellent viewing spot for arrivals and departures on 31-13 as it is well past the TWA terminal.

Before or after security?

Brian

bluejuice
2006-03-22, 03:32 PM
Those white buildings are trailors that sit about 2-3 feet off the ground. LGB wont let us build anything of the permanent type as they want it to remain as is. The ones at JFK will be about 5 ft off the ground and have jetbridges connected to them.As usual it will be after security.