PDA

View Full Version : Remember that fuel explosion in London?

mirrodie
2006-03-16, 01:57 AM
On Dec. 10, while we were in London, there was this fuel explosion which actually affected our return home a whole week later! Made some some intersting equipment stops, Like QF flights having to stop at airports near LHR for refuel.

anyway, we departed for Prague about an hour after the explosion and I caught this shot:

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/EGLLHampheath.jpg

Matt Molnar
2006-03-16, 03:03 AM
Awesome shot.

Three questions:

1.) Why did it take you so long to share?

2.) Where was this flight going? What airline? Etc.

3.) Did you try selling it to Reuters or AP or anyone? It was a huge story at the time and I don't recall seeing any shots from that angle. Surely you could have gotten a few bucks for it.

:)

Mellyrose
2006-03-16, 03:07 AM
One more question:

4.) What the hell is feul?

Midnight Mike
2006-03-16, 07:57 AM
One more question:

4.) What the hell is feul?

Feul, comes from Old Latin, it means to propel, or move forward... :lol: :shock:

Mellyrose
2006-03-16, 08:26 AM
bahhhh, but Mario didn't know that, smartass! ;)

LGA777
2006-03-16, 09:04 AM
It appears this shot is the "Most Popular" of yesterday on JP and Mario made the front page of JP, way to go buddy !

Congrats

Ron Peel

mirrodie
2006-03-16, 10:14 AM
get the heck out of here, seriously??

Highheels and I were on vacation....we'd just spent 5 daysi London, then that morning flew LHR-PRG on BA EuroTrash(sorry, that is BA Eurotraveler. the owrst airline service I'd ever seen)

As for AP, well, I was on vacation and just had a bit of insomnia last night, so didnt get around to upload for a while Next time I'll know better.

mirrodie
2006-03-16, 10:25 AM
get the heck out of here, seriously??

Highheels and I were on vacation....we'd just spent 5 days in London, then that morning flew LHR-PRG on BA EuroTrash(sorry, that is BA Eurotraveler. the owrst airline service I'd ever seen)

As for AP, well, I was on vacation and just had a bit of insomnia last night, so didnt get around to upload for a while Next time I'll know better.

BA 854/857, on a 757 LHR-PRG

5 days later, our 777 flight home LHR-JFK was delayed a day 2nd to the explosion.

UrbanExplorer222
2006-03-16, 11:12 AM
Holy S Thats a big fire ball, that thing is hundreds of feet in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

mirrodie
2006-03-16, 11:12 AM
whoa, dude, that IS cool. Thanks for hte heads up Ron!

got a note from Chris Kilroy, v. cool.