PDA

View Full Version : BALTIA Airlines 747 from JFK?

Tom_Turner
2006-03-10, 10:14 PM
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060310/nyf096.html?.v=30

We'll see. Another T4 occupant if this actually happens.

Matt Molnar
2006-03-10, 11:40 PM
Very weird company.

http://www.baltia.com

It seems they planned on beginning service in 2004. Looks like the site hasn't been updated since 2003.

The address on the "Employment" page for the director of personnel is an apartment in Rego Park.

The site looks like it was designed in Kazakhstan. The reservations page is a test page.

They are publicly traded, but it doesn't seem like they have any planes or employees yet.

mikephotos
2006-03-10, 11:42 PM
I remember when I was working at the old (Eastern) Term One JFK they were planning to come there....that was ohhhhhhh a looooong time ago. I'll believe it when I see it.

Mike

Tom_Turner
2006-03-10, 11:54 PM
I remember when I was working at the old (Eastern) Term One JFK they were planning to come there....that was ohhhhhhh a looooong time ago. I'll believe it when I see it.

Mike

Mike - this actually put me in mind of another 747 operator that I believe was going to fly JFK-Israel. They at least managed to got one 747 painted and then never flew the route. But if I am remembering right, you got a shot of that rare bird.

PhilDernerJr
2006-03-11, 12:00 AM
Eos was another "mystery" airline. In fact, aside from the Eos website, NYCAviation.com was the only other site that showed up when doing a search for Eos.

They have a skeletal website and it just didn't look right at the time.

The plan was for them to start in September, so once it came and I hadn't heard anything new, I took it off the news page to avoid the embarrasment of having fallen for a fantasy airline. Then a few weeks later.....in the air they went.

Matt Molnar
2006-03-11, 12:22 AM
Looking at their SEC filings, they were founded in 1989!

They've lost almost $10 million since their inception without ever taking off.

As of September 2005, they had a whopping $21,113 in cash.

Something very, very, very shady going on.

mikephotos
2006-03-11, 12:48 AM
Mike - this actually put me in mind of another 747 operator that I believe was going to fly JFK-Israel. They at least managed to got one 747 painted and then never flew the route. But if I am remembering right, you got a shot of that rare bird.

If you're talking about TIE/Trans Int'l Express I never did get to shoot the B747-300 (but I do have a slide of it). However, I did shoot their Shorts.

Mike