PDA

View Full Version : Delta Beefs up JFK

T-Bird76
2006-03-07, 01:04 PM
Delta today announced it will increase its presence at JFK by offering new destinations and increased frequencies. Delta's new announcement will bring the carrier to 139 daily departures. New service includes the following.

Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, N.Y.; Cleveland, Ohio; Detroit, Mich.; Norfolk, Richmond, Va.; Philadelphia, Pa.; Baltimore, Md.; Hartford, Conn.; Providence, R.I.; Washington, D.C (Reagan and Dulles); San Diego, Calif.; Las Vegas, Nev.; and Montreal, Quebec, Canada,

Alex T
2006-03-07, 01:05 PM
Fortunatly for Tom and the others DL lowered STL-JFK to one daily

So now we only have AA flies it n/s with 1 or 2 daily and DL's once daily.

LGA and EWR usually work better for STL.

Art at ISP
2006-03-07, 01:34 PM
Someone mentioned Dash 8's from JFK for Delta...who might that be?

Corey
2006-03-07, 02:27 PM
Freedom Airlines
http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/060307/95337.html

Corey

T-Bird76
2006-03-07, 02:47 PM
Whether or not Freedom uses the Dash 8s for Delta's service is to be seen, they could use all RJs. Altough it would be nice to see a Dash 8 in something other then US colors.

RDU-JFK
2006-03-07, 03:55 PM
It's great to see the new service for Delta...the Albany and Hartford flights are particularly interesting. You think AA will respond for their Int'l feed?

How many times have we seen Delta open up service only to close them down again?

I hope they can make it work. Does the terminal have room for such DL Connection expansion?

jakbar
2006-03-07, 06:55 PM
I got an e-mail from Mesa today confirming the Dash-8s at JFK:

PHOENIX, March 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group (Nasdaq: MESA - News) today announced an expansion of its strategic partnership with Delta Air Lines. Under this new agreement Freedom Airlines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mesa Air Group, will fly twelve, 37-seat, De Havilland Dash 8 aircraft in support of Delta Air Lines expanding operations at its New York-JFK hub. The term of the new agreement is three years. The aircraft will be operated under a capacity purchase arrangement similar to Mesa's existing Delta Connection agreement under which Freedom Airlines flies 50-passenger regional jets. The Dash 8s covered under this agreement will be incremental to the 16 Dash 8 aircraft currently operated by Mesa Air Group.

T-Bird76
2006-03-07, 07:27 PM
Wow good info Josh!! Props back at JFK, that's pretty exciting. Looking forward to seeing them in DAL's' colors.

LGA777
2006-03-07, 07:31 PM
While it will be fun to see a Dash 8 in DL's scheme I have a feeliing this will be a big headache for Delta. I have been indirectly involved with more than a dozen commuter carriers in my career and if anyone was to ask me to name the three worst with a doubt it would be Mesa, Mesa, and Mesa. A huge ratio of delays and cancellations compared to their peers are just part of the equation, just the way they operate in general, in fact thinking back the only positive thing I can remember is back in my single day's Mesa had some pretty HOT flight attendants who usually had trouble with the PA Announcements due to their relatively short time speaking English. Some free advice, when DL starts this new service if any of you want to try it because it's a Dash go for it but if you have somewhere important to be like a meeting or wedding or funeral, anything time sensitive choose elsewhere. This does not apply to Delta Mainline, Comair, ASA, etc !

Regards

LGA777

PhilDernerJr
2006-03-07, 08:17 PM
Hmmm. Dash-8's becoming interesting. What's this world coming to?

Tom_Turner
2006-03-07, 09:23 PM
Its great to see JFK start to really get busy again after so many years.

I agree with Tommy too - it'll be good to see Dash 8s in another livery for a change. (wish we'd get the Dash 7 from some operator again though..)

Tom

Ari707
2006-03-08, 11:29 AM
does anyone still opperate the Dash7???
I remember them in PanAm express (Ransom)

Tom_Turner
2006-03-08, 10:12 PM
I can only think of Discovery Airways (is that thier name?) in the US.
Good question. Are there other Dash 7 operators in US or Canada?

I suppose most are parked or off to remote regions with their STOL performance.

Tom