View Full Version : Dropped Cheerleader Keeps Cheering

Midnight Mike
2006-03-07, 09:12 AM
This is one tough cheerleader!

http://www.break.com/index/cheercheer.html

Alex T
2006-03-07, 10:28 AM
You gotta be effing kidding me?

I am very shocked this made it there. This girl is a cheerleader on the Southern Illinois Cheerleading team. I live 5 minutes away from the campus and it is big news here. I have a very good friend of mine on the team and I panicked thinking it was her that had fallen. I have a clip online of the actual video of her falling including her cheering off the court.

It made me smile to see her cheer because it is so Kristi to do that. I did not know her personally but I know of her through my friend on the team.

Good Morning America called SIU and offered to fly the Cheerleading Team to NYC for the night and be interviewed about the routing they did that made the girl fall but SIU said no because it was not a school sponsered trip, hence they were not allowed to miss class for it.

Alex

T-Bird76
2006-03-07, 10:30 AM
Oh God Mike you didn't!! This is Alex's school and he knows this Chickie personally. Get ready for an Alex story, LOL Now if Alex was smart he'd go visit this lil hottie and score some "aww your sweet points" for visiting her that he can cash in later. :twisted:

Alex T
2006-03-07, 10:31 AM
Oh God Mike you didn't!! This is Alex's school and he knows this Chickie personally. Get ready for an Alex story, LOL Now if Alex was smart he'd go visit this lil hottie and score some "aww your sweet points" for visiting her that he can cash in later. :twisted:

too late, you know me so well ;)

Midnight Mike
2006-03-07, 10:45 AM
You gotta be effing kidding me?

I am very shocked this made it there. This girl is a cheerleader on the Southern Illinois Cheerleading team. I live 5 minutes away from the campus and it is big news here. I have a very good friend of mine on the team and I panicked thinking it was her that had fallen. I have a clip online of the actual video of her falling including her cheering off the court.

It made me smile to see her cheer because it is so Kristi to do that. I did not know her personally but I know of her through my friend on the team.

Good Morning America called SIU and offered to fly the Cheerleading Team for the night and be interviewed about the routing they did that made the girl fall but SIU said no because it was not a school sponsered trip, hence they were not allowed to miss class for it.
:lol: Alex

It made the news this morning on FOX & I saw this videoclip, the gal is quite amazing.....

Alex T
2006-03-07, 11:39 AM
She certainly is Mike,

My father called the hospital and She chippered her vertabrea(sp?) and suffered a concussion and she will be fine. Doctors said that she needs to wear the neck brace for 6 weeks and then she should be fine providing she stops cheering and does not do anyt sudden movement. I figured she knew she would not be able to cheer so she did one final outcry and cheered as much as she could while being wheeled off the court, and you can bet every SIU fan who saw it on TV or live at the game busrt into tears or smiled like I did because she showed true SIU spirit. Just think shes laying there, probably in pain and all she can think of is "omg I gotta keep on cheering, and let everyone know Im ok."

Simply fantastic.

Alex

Alex T
2006-03-07, 07:06 PM
Update--

The Cheerleader will be flying to NYC tonite with my good friend Taylor Baker (Kristi's best friend) to appear on the show.

Kristi Yamaoka released from hospital, will appear on Today Show on Wednesday

March 7, 2006

Saluki cheerleader Kristi Yamaoka, who was released from Saint Louis University hospital on Tuesday afternoon, will appear live on NBC's The Today Show on Wednesday morning.

The network will fly Yamaoka and teammate Taylor Baker to their studios in New York this evening.

The rest of the Saluki cheerleading squad and coach Jennifer Graeff will also appear on the Today Show on Wednesday morning via satellite from SIU Arena.

Yamaoka was injured during a routine in Sunday's men's basketball game versus Bradley.

The segment is expected to air during the 6 o'clock hour (CT).

Alex