PDA

View Full Version : new here

PSIP2006
2006-03-04, 12:06 AM
Hey everyone! My name is Eric Long. I live in Staten Island. I am 19 years old. I'm a photographer, and aviation enthusiast. Unfortunatly I don't know anyone whose either one of those. Well I mean I don't know any spotters. Is anyone here from Staten Island? Or bay ridge maybe? I'd love to go spotting with you guys here that go spotting. Only problem is, I've never driven off of Staten Island, and I am bad with directions, and never driven to any of the 3 airports. I have a big fear of getting lost, and I freak out when I do. I hope if possible whenever there's a next spotting event over at Newark, since you have to pass through Staten Island to get there, hopefully carpool with some one? I also go to CSI, so hopefully it's not during when I have class. Well thanks for reading my topic, and I look foward to your replies.

P.S. If anyone possibly has any aerial shots of Staten Island, let me know.

jakbar
2006-03-04, 12:30 AM
Eric,

Welcome to the forums! I'm pretty sure there's at least one guy here who lives out in your neck of the woods, so maybe he'll chime in. However, if you're able to get on the subway and head out closer towards LGA and/or JFK when a bunch of people are heading out, I'm positive someone could give you a ride to/from the train.

What kind of photography are you principally interested in?

Josh

PSIP2006
2006-03-04, 01:15 AM
heh, I'd have to take a bus to Brooklyn first to do that and that takes atleast an hour. :? doesn't anyone go to Newark? As for type of photography i'm interested in, I like taking landscapes and long exposure shots. I'd like to take spot pictures too. I have a 300mm and 500mm lens that would be perfect for spotting I presume. Check out my website the link is on my profile.

T-Bird76
2006-03-05, 02:21 AM
Welcome to the site and thanks for joining! A few guys spot at EWR but Newark isn't the most friendliest place to spot. At JFK and LGA you can plant youself in one spot for hours and often never have the police come up to you and if they do 9 out of 10 times they are professional and let you do your thing. I've heard that EWR is a nightmare for spotters. As Josh said if you can get into Brooklyn I'm sure one of us would be more then willing to pick you up.

PSIP2006
2006-03-05, 06:26 PM
Yeah I can get into Brooklyn. I rather by bus though, because I don't know my way around Brooklyn, and parking is a nightmare. Let me know when you guys are going spotting again, and il see if i'm available. Whoever is willing to pick me up, PM me and give me your cellphone number and screen name (msn or aim or yahoo whichever you have) so we may talk about the meeting spot, time, etc. Thanks.