PDA

View Full Version : American Paint Scheme on Embraer Jet or 787?

PhilDernerJr
2006-02-23, 11:09 AM
If American got one of these aircraft, what would they do with their paint scheme, since both are not metallic and cannot have the buffed metal finish?

Share your thoughts.

mirrodie
2006-02-23, 11:15 AM
Silver reflective paint perhaps?

That seems the most logical thing to do.

Otherwise if AA are complete purists, they'll simply fly the planes as is, with its natural composite skin and throw on the red,white,blue cheat lines.

T-Bird76
2006-02-23, 11:22 AM
They'd have to paint them white like the EMBs are now. The gray would look terrible and bland. Although this is proably the last thing on AA's mind right now, lol. I don't see them placing an order for the 787 for some time.

PhilDernerJr
2006-02-23, 01:40 PM
Reflective paint would probably be a lot more pricey, no?

mirrodie
2006-02-23, 02:51 PM
well, I'd think a primer would be needed, then you could apply a metallic reflective paint. more money, yes, most likely.

but it you are doing a primer anyway, might as well do a metallic paint as opposed to white or gray, as you are probably looking at multiple coats anyway.

thats my edumacated guess.;)

N790SW
2006-02-23, 03:45 PM
well for one - those of you who are about 7-10 yrs older then me prob remeber when AA first got their crappy A-300s - and they were in a grey paint scheme and later got the crome. I think american would most likely use the same paint that NWA uses for their 787s that would be my best guess.

T-Bird76
2006-02-23, 04:15 PM
well for one - those of you who are about 7-10 yrs older then me prob remeber when AA first got their crappy A-300s - and they were in a grey paint scheme and later got the crome. I think american would most likely use the same paint that NWA uses for their 787s that would be my best guess.

Those crappy A300s make a ton of money for AA. Those birds go out full in the cabin and below in the cargo belly. They aren't to bad to fly on either.

mikephotos
2006-02-23, 09:57 PM
I have flown several times on the AA A300's to the Caribbean, they are 100x better than the 757s, especially when they had (not sure if they still do) 3 cabin setups and they only flew with 2 cabins. Gold members were able to reserve those biz class seats on a coach ticket....fantastic!

Mike

N790SW
2006-02-23, 10:51 PM
Those crappy A300s make a ton of money for AA. Those birds go out full in the cabin and below in the cargo belly. They aren't to bad to fly on either.

wut i ment was that the exterrior looked crappy in a few pics - how is the A-300 ( performance wise) i heard it feels like your going down after you take off - can anyone confirm that

T-Bird76
2006-02-23, 10:56 PM
it certainly doesn't feel like your going down after take off. They don't rocket off the runway like a Jungle Jet but they manage just fine. The A300 is a rather large aircraft cabin and cargo wise. They aren't light weights by any stretch of the imagination.

mirrodie
2006-03-12, 03:53 PM
American Eagle REALLY needs something new.

just transcending from one topic to this one again.

Phil got me thinking, AA did, after all, go white on its American Eagle scheme.

So perhaps when a composite a/c comes on the table, some sort of paint, whether metallic or white, is going to have to play a role.