PDA

View Full Version : When U head into Lga by car u see the american airlines sign

Tower Air
2006-02-19, 03:15 PM
http://jctn.info/photos/albums/rts/Triboro_691.jpg

photo courtesy of Brian Cheung
what's the American airlinesbuilding is it a terminal or something...

mirrodie
2006-02-19, 03:27 PM
I believe the front facade is mainly offices and such.

But I can say positively that at least the back half of those 2-3 buildings are hangers. I've seen AA 737s and MD-80s in there.

I love the look of those buildings though! Classic!

ISP Pilot
2006-02-19, 04:50 PM
That used to be AA headquarters before they moved down to DFW. Currently, it houses AA ops where the flight crew checks in. There are also employee mailboxes, computers, HR stuff, bulletin boards, flight manuals (was tempted to walk out with a 777 flight manual!), rest areas, slots to drop off cash collected during flights from booze/BOB/headset sales and baggage storage. If you'd like, I'll take some pics the next time my girlfriend takes me there. Unfortunately, there are not any good planespotting areas. :(

AA 777
2006-02-19, 08:57 PM
The hanger closest to the actual terminal houses the bag room, while the other two hangers are actual hangers for planes. Also located within them are offices, flight ops, credit union, chief pilots office, human resources, stock rooms etc...

cancidas
2006-02-20, 05:17 PM
matt.... hangAr

2006-02-27, 12:54 AM
as you can see these are old American Airlines logos ... classic. Will AA replace them with their current logo?

T-Bird76
2006-02-27, 04:39 PM
Those have been there for years now, I can't see AA deciding to spend the money on replacing something that has truly become a landmark.

cancidas
2006-02-27, 05:57 PM
as you can see these are old American Airlines logos ... classic. Will AA replace them with their current logo?

all of LGA is pretty much a landmark... why would you replace any of it? god i love my airport!